Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
10" is too small for productivity/creativity and too big for one handed use. Also, it lacks professional applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. And, with the Surface Pro 4 Core M3/4GB/128GB frequently on sale for $550 the blown up iPods like the $899 12.9" 4GB/128GB are a tough sell while the 9.7" with only 2GB won't be sufficient for anything complex or large.

If there is a Surface 4 or Surface Pro 5 with a next gen M3 with 8gb RAM at a good price point, I might just sell my Mini 4 and use that. I had the Pro 4 M3 and it was nice, but never used it because of my Mac.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
We shall see.

I'm looking forward to this finding its audience. It seems like a good experience, possibly. I'd get one if DeX came with a laptop experience.

That's a good idea. I'd love to be able to wirelessly drive my phone from my laptop, specifically from my surface pro 4. Yeah I know, it's a bit meaningless. But if there was some way to just use it as a screen for dex maybe it would have more battery life. Might be cool for games and such as well.

But I guess we can do a lot of that stuff with chrome cast anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.