Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
calling all :apple:ipod,iphone and ipad collector's
this thread is to post your current ipod collection
album.php

Hallivand

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Sydney, Australia
We exist :)

Got an iPod...
-classic 160GB
-stainless steel Shuffle 4GB
-nano 6th generation + wristband

Also have the first generation iPad 16GB WiFi only and iPhone 4 16GB :D
(recently upgraded to the iPhone 4 from the original iPhone 2G...gee did that blow my mind or what)

Bbeck1111

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Tips for a new iPod collector??

So I've always been a Mac nerd and I am now starting my iPod collection. I thought therer would be so much more out there like websites just for collectors but didn't see any yet. I only have 4 rt now and am mad at myself as I have given away or sold some of my older ones. But now I am getting serious. I want to start w one of each kind and then grow from there. I started bidding on eBay but how do u guys suggest getting them.

Basically any tips for a new iPod collector. Thanks ahead of time.

-bb

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
So I've always been a Mac nerd and I am now starting my iPod collection. I thought therer would be so much more out there like websites just for collectors but didn't see any yet. I only have 4 rt now and am mad at myself as I have given away or sold some of my older ones. But now I am getting serious. I want to start w one of each kind and then grow from there. I started bidding on eBay but how do u guys suggest getting them.

Basically any tips for a new iPod collector. Thanks ahead of time.

-bb

Constantly try eBay. I'm sure they have every model of every iPod on there. Check Craigslist, too. Post a "want to buy old iPods" post in Craigslist. If you get enough posts here, there's a "Marketplace" where users buy and sell things all the time.

Good luck!

MartinS3X

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
South Texas
I have:
-iPhone 2G
-iPhone 3GS
-iPhone 4S
-iPod Nano 1st and 6G
-iPod Mini 1G
-iPod Shuffle 1st and 2nd Gen
-iPod Touch 1st Gen

Whoever was asking about buying iPods I'd recommend Gamestops online store, I bought my 1st gen Shuffle(1 gig) and my 1st gen Mini (4 gigs) for less than $30.00.

MJM1977

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
Aurora, CO
This is my current iPod Collection:

Classic 1st 5 GB White
Classic 3rd 10 gb White
Classic 4th 20 GB White
Classic 5th 30 GB White
Classic 6th 80 GB Silver
Mini 1st 4 GB Silver
Mini 2nd 4 GB Green
Nano 1st 4 GB Black
Nano 2nd 2 GB Silver
Nano 3rd 8 GB Green
Nano 4th 8 GB Yellow
Nano 5th 8 GB Red
Nano 6th 16 GB Blue
Shuffle 1st 512 MB White
Shuffle 1st 1 GB White
Shuffle 2nd 1 GB Pink
Shuffle 2nd 1 GB Lavender
Shuffle 3rd 2 GB Black
Shuffle 4th 2 GB Orange
Touch 3rd 32 GB Black
Touch 4th 32 GB White
iPad 1st 64 GB Black

I am also waiting on a green shuffle from ebay.
I did an interview about my collection here:
http://www.cultofmac.com/35820/interview-with-an-ipod-collector-ipods-are-the-symbols-of-our-time/

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
iPhone 4S,

iPod Touch 2nd Gen,

Nano 6th Gen,

Despite my name I do not have a iPad at the moment but I have had both the iPad 1st gen and iPad 2nd gen, Amazing sell back offer I couldn't refuse, xD.

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
I posted somewhere on this thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/387358/
I think it got under because everyone started to post their complain about the iPod replacements. Well here are my pictures of my collections.

Too many iPod to list. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. I've been collecting iPods, iPhones, and iPads for over 7 years now.

:D

Attachments

• upload1.jpg
    upload1.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 209
  • upload2.jpg
    upload2.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 162

amethystjw

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
Livonia, MI
Anyone with a 1st gen nano want to trade me for a 6th gen?

iPods.JPG

I only actually collect non-touch screen iPods. I had to draw the line somewhere and I figure they'll all be touch-based eventually so I'll be able to call the collection complete.

Unfortunately that pristine white nano pictured on the right is gone; I sent it to Apple last month because I didn't want it to burst into flames. Now I'm really bummed because Apple is replacing it with a 6th gen! Most people would't mind that but I'm sure present company understands my irritation.

If you know anyone with a spare pristine white first gen nano (any capacity) please tell me! I'll trade a 6th gen nano for it or possibly something else (just ask). Thanks, guys!

amethystjw (at symbol) yahoo -dot- com

Joe

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I only have an iPod touch 4g generation and iPad 1 but it's not a collection.

This thread sorta makes me feel better about not having the newest iPad

Loving the collections by the way :)

_Sova

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2023
I posted somewhere on this thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/387358/
I think it got under because everyone started to post their complain about the iPod replacements. Well here are my pictures of my collections.

Too many iPod to list. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. I've been collecting iPods, iPhones, and iPads for over 7 years now.

:D
Hi, my name is Artem, I'm iPod collector from Ukraine, can you sell to me one of your iPod Photo+HP? Cause I try to find this iPod for a long time... Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.