Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
CA
APPLE POWERMAC G4 COMPUTER W/ 15" FLAT PANEL DISPLAY, 733 MHZ G4, 384MB RAM, 60GB HARD DRIVE, 250MB ZIP, CD-RW -$500

APPLE POWERMAC G4, 450 MHZ, 256MB RAM, 10 GB HD, DVD-RAM, ZIP. 17" CRT MONITOR -$400

my school is selling these and i was wondering if either of them was a good deal or not.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
MUCKYFINGERS said:
i love how 17 people looked at this thread and not one bothered to answer. :(
Hmmm. 1 hour and 24 minutes... not hardly impatient, are you?

The classic way to value a used machine is to do an Advanced Search on eBay, for completed auctions, and look at those which most closely resemble your target machines (and actually sold. Don't count the ones who didn't get a bid, or didn't make their reserve).

Comparitively speaking, the G4 450 (for only $100 less, but with no burner, 10 Gb HD and a CRT monitor) sux badly.

My first reaction on the 733 is, decent machine, somewhat overpriced at $500 no warranty. The zip drive is next to worthless. Needs more RAM. Perhaps no OS either, so count on extra expense to buy OSX.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
CA
CanadaRAM said:
Hmmm. 1 hour and 24 minutes... not hardly impatient, are you?

The classic way to value a used machine is to do an Advanced Search on eBay, for completed auctions, and look at those which most closely resemble your target machines (and actually sold. Don't count the ones who didn't get a bid, or didn't make their reserve).

Comparitively speaking, the G4 450 (for only $100 less, but with no burner, 10 Gb HD and a CRT monitor) sux badly.

My first reaction on the 733 is, decent machine, somewhat overpriced at $500 no warranty. The zip drive is next to worthless. Needs more RAM. Perhaps no OS either, so count on extra expense to buy OSX.

ah, okay. i dont think i want to buy either of these but i was wondering what people thought of it. thanks for your input lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.