Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
My 2016 9.7” iPad Pro running ios 16 has started losing the wifi connection. I usually have to RESET NETWORK CONNECTIONS in order to re-establish a wifi connection. Usually when this happens I see these 2 animated icons to the left of the wifi icon on the top right corner of the screen. Since I‘m not seeing them now and have a good wifi signal I assume they have something to do with acquiring a wifi connection. Another iPad and 2 iPhones don’t have any wifi problems so I doubt it’s not my router or modem. Any ideas on how to fix the wifi problem?

E5952D97-4782-4E27-A163-707AE93187E1.jpeg

smartphone7

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
No, those are cellular icons. The loading icon means it’s searching for a network. Do you have a SIM inserted?

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I agree with @smartphone7 those look like cellular icons. If you have the cellular model you can try putting on either airplane mode with wifi, or disabling cellular in settings and those dots should go away

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I agree with @smartphone7 those look like cellular icons. If you have the cellular model you can try putting on either airplane mode with wifi, or disabling cellular in settings and those dots should go away
I don’t see a way to set airplane mode with wifi. Airplane mode is either on or off with no other options.
There are no cellular options. It just says NO SIM PRESENT

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I don’t see a way to set airplane mode with wifi. Airplane mode is either on or off with no other options.
There are no cellular options. It just says NO SIM PRESENT
you can set it by putting it in airplane then swiping down in the top right corner and just turning wifi back on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.