Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dc2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
I need to buy a new case for my iPhone 13, did some quick search and found Bullstrap leather cases. They are kinda pricey, so I'm wondering if it is worth it? Does it give you any benefit other than knowing that you paid so much for your phone case.

dc2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
@Apple_Robert yeah, you're right. I guess I'm asking for people's opinion. I really don't want to buy a case on amazon and get some cheap Chinese knockoff.

Reactions: msackey

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I got one for my 13PM about 2 or so months ago and am very happy with it. I think quality is better than the original Apple leather cases.

dc2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Oh good tip. Thanks. Let me see if camel-camel-camel works with that site

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Leather cases in general have been my favorite. They softened up over time, usually are pretty light, and they are durable.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I would recommend them. That being said, I own many and never paid full price for one, so the cost can be subjective as they are on the higher end of the spectrum.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
The quality is very good.

Stopped using it, because it is too bulky for me. But definitely feels and looks great otherwise.

PaulW247

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
I need to buy a new case for my iPhone 13, did some quick search and found Bullstrap leather cases. They are kinda pricey, so I'm wondering if it is worth it? Does it give you any benefit other than knowing that you paid so much for your phone case.
I was skeptical about the price, but the quality is fantastic, and I like that they'll replace it for free as well. I do like it better than the old Apple leather cases.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I love my Dune Bullstrap. It’s my fav case. The leather quality is A+ and they have a lifetime warranty, even for cosmetic reasons.

You can get 10% off as a first time customer here. If you can catch a sale, you can use the promo code on top of it.

Reactions: dc2000

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
I had used Apple leather cases almost exclusively for a long time. I went with a Nomad leather case for my 13 PM when Apple stopped selling them.

It's definitely developing a patina, but is otherwise holding up fine. I like it because there are no logos of any kind. It has MagSafe but otherwise it's just a case.

The Nomad is well worth $40 but there are signs that the edge band that goes all around the perimeter is a plastic piece coated with "soft touch" material that will eventually wear off. All of you 2000's era VW owners, you know what I mean. ;)

If the Bullstrap cases are leather on all exposed surfaces, they will probably perform better long-term.

rwhg

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2021

I purchased this Ryan London case for my iPhone 12 mini:

It’s beautiful and, subjectively, higher quality leather than actual leather Apple-branded cases I have owned in the past.

Reactions: TroyJam

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
For my 15 Pro Max I have a Decoded, Andar, Mujjo, Bare and Bullstrap. I know, it's overkill, but I was looking for a favorite. In my opinion, the first 4 are almost from the same vendor. All OK, but the buttons are all too big and too sharp for my liking. Of my leather cases, the one I will use off and on is the Bullstrap. (Typically I go with Apple silicone for the feel, great buttons, and moisture tolerance).

I like the feel of the Bullstrap leather as well as the way they kind of inset the metal buttons. I am not a big fan of the open bottom, but it does make removal easier. I also like the fact that the camera bump is leather, so it will not scratch my wooden desk. I used to have a Bullstrap in a light color leather, and it developed a great patina. My new one is black. Bullstrap is a little bulkier than the others, but not crazy thick.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Initially didn’t even want to order because of the open bottom. But I actually prefer it now, because it makes swiping up from the bottom smoother IMHO.

Reactions: TroyJam

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
if you are looking for a solid all around leather case then yes! I love it for my 15 pro max. Well worth the money to where I bought one for my mother. It’s easy to take off when I want a more minimalist case.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I purchased Bullstrap wallet a couple of years ago and have been very satisfied with it so I had no problem buying a case from them for my 15PM.. The case will need to catch up to the patina on the wallet but that's the great thing about leather, it looks better with age..

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Leather is ultimately the only type of case I use regularly so I’ve tried a majority of them. Bullstrap and Ryan London are pretty much the same case but I’ve seen it mentioned that some prefer the leather on the Ryan London.

Since the iPhone 12 I’ve told myself I’m just going to start off with a Bullstrap since that’s usually where I end up after trying a stack of other options but I’ve never actually succeeded at that.

This year will be the year as I’ve just a couple of days ago upgraded to the 15 Pro Max and have my Bullstrap order in. In the meantime I’m using a 14PM Cretanbull which is basically a Bullstrap with a different logo. I would have gotten another one of these but it seems after their turbulent debut last year they aren’t continuing their iPhone offerings.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Leather is ultimately the only type of case I use regularly so I’ve tried a majority of them. Bullstrap and Ryan London are pretty much the same case but I’ve seen it mentioned that some prefer the leather on the Ryan London.

Since the iPhone 12 I’ve told myself I’m just going to start off with a Bullstrap since that’s usually where I end up after trying a stack of other options but I’ve never actually succeeded at that.

This year will be the year as I’ve just a couple of days ago upgraded to the 15 Pro Max and have my Bullstrap order in. In the meantime I’m using a 14PM Cretanbull which is basically a Bullstrap with a different logo. I would have gotten another one of these but it seems after their turbulent debut last year they aren’t continuing their iPhone offerings.
Have you tried a leather case by a company called Decoded?

dc2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Thank you all for your input! I ordered a Bullstrap case. I haven't gotten it yet. We shall see how it goes. If I remember to update this thread in a few months time I will do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.