Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
For example, what's the best app?

What kinds of things do you find?

Do you have to put something else in the cache, once you've removed what's already in there?

Any other advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
its a few years since I did any geocaching, but it was great fun when I did it, plus it is a great way to get out the house and walk. Reading the description there will usually be a lot of information on the history of the location.

I used the groundspeak geocaching app. Good app with a global reach. Problem I found with it is that a growing number of caches were being put into the premium tier.

You don't have to put anything into the cache, or even remove anything. In the UK most caches tend to be small with no space for anything apart from the log.

Give it a go on the free tier and remember the 'rules' e.g. don't let any muggles see you looking for a cache :)

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
its a few years since I did any geocaching, but it was great fun when I did it, plus it is a great way to get out the house and walk. Reading the description there will usually be a lot of information on the history of the location.

I used the groundspeak geocaching app. Good app with a global reach. Problem I found with it is that a growing number of caches were being put into the premium tier.

You don't have to put anything into the cache, or even remove anything. In the UK most caches tend to be small with no space for anything apart from the log.

Give it a go on the free tier and remember the 'rules' e.g. don't let any muggles see you looking for a cache :)
Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.