Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torakaru

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Canada
Hi Folks,

After updating my iPhone 6s from iOS10.3.3 to iOS12, even I got a faster response of it (no complains about it), I'm also suffering some kind of slightly overheating in the back (SoC area) when no so high performance apps: like switching between apps, writting a bit and watching some video. It's not annoying, but noticeable on iOS12, but not before on iOS10.

Are you suffering anything similar after upgrading from iOS10 or iOS11.4?

Thanks by your comments! ;-)

Kalloud

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2016
I haven't updated to iOS 12 from 10.3.3 on my 6s but I'm thinking about jumping to iOS 12 so I'd like to ask for your experience except for the overheating, how's speed and battery life?
Sorry for the irrelevant reply. Thanks!

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
Hi Folks,

After updating my iPhone 6s from iOS10.3.3 to iOS12, even I got a faster response of it (no complains about it), I'm also suffering some kind of slightly overheating in the back (SoC area) when no so high performance apps: like switching between apps, writting a bit and watching some video. It's not annoying, but noticeable on iOS12, but not before on iOS10.

Are you suffering anything similar after upgrading from iOS10 or iOS11.4?

Thanks by your comments! ;-)
Hi, yes, it does get quite a bit warmer for the first day (for me at least). Once everything in the background was done, all it took was to shut it down and power it up again. Now it‘s great, from performance to battery life. Coming from 11.4. on a 8 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.