Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Who all here on the forums is asking for a new Apple computer/laptop for Christmas? Who's all getting one? What do you want?

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
My parents bought me a Refurb 20" iMac C2D. I have to pay them off with xmas-bday money over the next 1/2 year, but I'm really excited. It came today but I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas Day. It's hard knowing that there is a (almost) brand new iMac sitting right there, waiting to be used, while you're typing away on a PC. :D

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
I could ask for one (like last year) but I sure as hell ain't getting one lol. For something like that, my parents/grandparents said to "go and earn the money yourself. You'll appreciate it more." I'm getting a job after Christmas break is over. It's 3 weeks long! :eek: :D

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm certainly not getting a computer for Christmas (I'm surprised anyone does...that seems so expensive for a Christmas gift) but I did mention that a gift card to the Apple Store would be nice. I'm planning to get a new MacBook or MBP sometime in the spring, so the gift card will go toward that if I get one.

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Los Angeles
I want a gf for christmas.. Please God.. Please God... One that works with my work schedule.. 60 hour weeks :eek:

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, but I am paying for about 1/3 or it (the macbook in my sig)

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
I won't be getting one as a gift for christmas.
I will probably be getting one when the santarosa's are released early next year. Hopefully it will be the ever rumored ultra portable ;)
I am not sure if I will have to pay for it or my parents will chip in. I assume it will be ~AU$300 from each to go towards it leaving me a bit over half to pay.

hdsalinas

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
well I am!

I am getting a 2.16ghz c2d 15" MBP! It came last week and it has been sitting right under the Christmas tree - I have not even opened the shipping box.

My first mac!

I am really exited!!!

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
yeah, I didn't really expect many people to be getting one/receiving one for sure on Christmas Day, but I know it happens at times and I was just wondering if anyone on here could be one of the lucky few. :) I actually know a lot of people offline that receive their laptops for the Christmas before they head out to college.

hdsalinas & psycoswimmer - congrats!

katie ta achoo - how thoughtful! :)

anyone else?

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
well, kinda. got the new macbook on monday as a graduation from college pesent (wanted it here on saturday, but oh well), but since graduation was so close to christmas, i can consider it an early present to myself.

so i peeked a bit early for christmas, but just in time for the graduation.

i asked for the apple for a graduation present since summer, had to purchase it with my own money though.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
furcalchick - oh, so you bought it for yourself as a graduation and Christmas present? That's cool! What all did you get on the Macbook?

Cassie - I know what you mean w/ the RAM! I'll be moving all the way up from just 256 MB of RAM when I get my MBP! :D

hdsalinas

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
BTW

Besides the 15" MBP, I am also getting an apple wireless keyboard and a Logitech v270 bluetooth mouse! -although I already opened the mouse.:D

I really cant wait to get rid of my PC!

Fugel

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2006
my parents bought me a new 15" mbp for xmas (been sitting there, teasing me for weeks). i spent the day walking down oxford street glaring at anyone who came near my precious gift. lol.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
furcalchick - oh, so you bought it for yourself as a graduation and Christmas present? That's cool! What all did you get on the Macbook?

i got the 2ghz white c2d and maxed out the ram to 2 gb, since the ram prices have dropped with the last update. i got a bag for it and a bit of a setup for it if i want to boost the sound or hook it up to an external monintor. i wanted to get a optical external mouse in case i wanted to get it hooked up for road trips and the such.

i'm still fooling around with it a bit, since it's my first ever mac. no way i was going to that vista and it's ilk.

i wanted it here saturday really, but it came late...but since my graduation was so close to christmas, i decided to open it when it came in the mail. was planned out for graduation.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I desperately want/need a Mac laptop, but Apple don't make anything that's quite right for me yet. Had I have been a Mac user in the days of old it'd have been a 12" PB for me.

So, for now, no Christmas Mac for me. Still, lets see what happens in January :p

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Gift for me...

I got myself a basic Mini (1.6GHZ Core Duo). My iBook G4's (1GHz) hard drive is maxed out and encoding videos for my iPod was taking forever...

Encoding videos is quick! Liking it:p

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'll have no idea until that fat man comes down my chimney, eats the cookies we leave out for him, drops crumbs all over the place, spills the milk and farts just before heading back up the chimney. :p

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not for Christmas per se, but perhaps money to put towards one after Leopard comes out.

And I did ask for a gift card too...but that will probably be a relatively small amount, so it might go toward iPod accessories or maybe iLife '07, if it has something I can't live without.

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
i dont think id get another present for the rest of my life if my parents bought me a mac. we have 5 kids in my family so birthdays have also been the bigger gift times. christmas has been more about food and family.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.