Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to buy any of iPhone 15 series after watching the event/knowing the specs?

• No

• Yes, iPhone 15

• Yes, iPhone 15 Plus

• Yes, iPhone 15 Pro

• Yes, iPhone 15 Pro Max

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jared G.K.

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
there is nothing, absolutely nothing to help me talking me into having to upgrade from my 14 or even the 13 mini.
The only reason I have the 14 is because I broke the 13. If I still had the 13, I wouldn't even see a reason to upgrade from there.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Not for me personally but I’m upgrading 2 lines in the family plan from a regular 12 & 13 to the 15 Pro & 15 Pro Max (for better cameras). The local carriers in the Philippines recently added support for prepaid eSIMs so eSIM-only phones are now a viable option for us when going on vacation.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Not for me personally but I’m upgrading 2 lines in the family plan from a regular 12 & 13 to the 15 Pro & 15 Pro Max (for better cameras). The local carriers in the Philippines recently added support for prepaid eSIMs so eSIM-only phones are now a viable option for us when going on vacation.

How does your family get rich in Philippines? A pro max is like a year salary for an average person over there.

• Angry
Reactions: Total Respray

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
How does your family get rich in Philippines? A pro max is like a year salary for an average person over there.

We live in the US. We’re just vacationing in the Philippines (mainly to visit family).

Mind, wealth inequality is pretty huge there. I know some who can easily afford a Pro Max. Granted, far more people can’t afford to have always on internet on their cellphones.

Last edited:

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
So the real question is: what phone do you currently have and are you upgrading?

Every time I see posts saying: wow Apple is not impressive anymore why upgrade? It really doesn’t make too much sense. What are you expecting year after year?

I am coming from an iPhone 12 Pro. Yes, I definitely will be upgrading. This is also how I do things. I don’t upgrade every year because of course if I had a 14 I wouldn’t upgrade it makes no sense. Lol.

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
My wife and I have 13’s. She was considering it but she doesn’t like any of the Pro colors. I was considering it but since they still have flat sides, right now I don’t see why I should buy one. I hate the flat sides on my 13, i mean really really hate them.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
What was your first iPhone to say this is the smallest update in history? I keep my phones for 3-4 years so every upgrade is huge for me. Saving your $ is much smarter than complaining about annual iPhone updates.

Well it is reasonable to expect Apple provides a real upgrade every year. Pro 14 is basically same as Pro 15.

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I’m on a 13 pro and still on the fence if I want to grab a 15 pro. Still not convinced it’s a huge enough upgrade to pop $1500 with Apple care.

I have a very small almost unnoticeable scratch on my screen so I’m sure I’ll get screwed on the trade in which is $190 vs $480…

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I’m on a 13 pro and still on the fence if I want to grab a 15 pro. Still not convinced it’s a huge enough upgrade to pop $1500 with Apple care.

I have a very small almost unnoticeable scratch on my screen so I’m sure I’ll get screwed on the trade in which is $190 vs $480…

Apple trade in does not care small scratch

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I think the titanium issues are overblown since most people are going to throw a case and screen protector on the phone anyways. They should honestly make the phone out of a replaceable plastic so you can change it out if it gets scratched. Like I really don’t care what the side rails are made of as long as it’s light. And the heat issue hasn’t been a big deal for me either. It’s stayed bright outdoors which my old 13 Pro could never do.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I think the titanium issues are overblown since most people are going to throw a case and screen protector on the phone anyways. They should honestly make the phone out of a replaceable plastic so you can change it out if it gets scratched. Like I really don’t care what the side rails are made of as long as it’s light. And the heat issue hasn’t been a big deal for me either. It’s stayed bright outdoors which my old 13 Pro could never do.

The hell fire heat should be mainly because of the new a17 pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.