Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to upgrade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nepats81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
With the release of the Iphone 11 and the more attractive pricing, who here is thinking about upgrading to the Iphone 11 or 11 Pro or Maxx, from the Iphone X?

While many will say that it may not be worth it to upgrade from an XS to an 11(I tend to agree) , the X to 11 is more interesting.

Pros
1. With degraded X battery, jump into a new model with WAY better battery life
2. Bigger screen
3. Good trade in values for the Iphone X

Cons
1. Downgrade in display
2. Less status possibly. Iphone X at the time was the more expensive phone , having it shows youre wealthy but maybe a bit too lazy, busy, or not keeping track of tech currently to upgrade.
Iphone 11 - is objectively the "cheap" Iphone. Not sure of the status it conveys. The feminine colors are a bit soy as well.
3. Cost. You could buy airpods or powerbeats pro with the money save. Those are high status products and even more visible than Iphone.

What are you guys going to do? Interesting debate

alexxk

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
No, I will keep my iPhone 7 for another year. It’s working great, it’s still very fast and even though the battery is at 80% I still get good juice from it.

I will probably get q new iPhone next year when it will come with 5G

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Not the 11 (hate the larger bezels and significantly reduced resolution, plus I've gotten used to OEL and wouldn't want to go back to LCD now) but I'll be pre-ordering the iPhone 11 Pro Max in ten hours - I had the 7 Plus before, and prefer the larger screen.

1GSXR2ENVY

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2018
MIAMI
Going from my X to iPhone 11 Pro Max. Been on a two year cycle the past years. Feel like the pro max will give me that new feeling more than the 11 pro.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I’m either going to upgrade to the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro Max from my iPhone XS Max. The new lower price of the iPhone 11 is very tempting and the only benefit for me I see from pro would be the zoom camera and slightly bigger screen.

christf10

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Rockland County, NY
Was going to go with the 11 but I can’t take the downgrade in display. I am going with 11 Pro from my iPhone X. I traded in the X on Monday before keynote and got $450 from Apple store. I also prefer the smaller size of the Pro compared to the 11.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
With the release of the Iphone 11 and the more attractive pricing, who here is thinking about upgrading to the Iphone 11 or 11 Pro or Maxx, from the Iphone X?

While many will say that it may not be worth it to upgrade from an XS to an 11(I tend to agree) , the X to 11 is more interesting.

Pros
2. Bigger screen

Cons
1. Downgrade in display
2. Less status possibly. Iphone X at the time was the more expensive phone , having it shows youre wealthy but maybe a bit too lazy, busy, or not keeping track of tech currently to upgrade.
Iphone 11 - is objectively the "cheap" Iphone. Not sure of the status it conveys. The feminine colors are a bit soy as well.
3. Cost. You could buy airpods or powerbeats pro with the money save. Those are high status products and even more visible than Iphone.

Not sure I get the 'status' bit. It's been a LONG time since any model of iPhone was considered a status symbol. 90% of the adult population doesn't pay attention to another person's phone and wouldn't know/care at a glance if it was an X or XR.

That being said, I am considering it because I need more storage and the battery life seems intriguing. But I want to see how the screen looks, especially with the dark mode being so prominent in iOS 13.

nepats81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Not sure I get the 'status' bit. It's been a LONG time since any model of iPhone was considered a status symbol. 90% of the adult population doesn't pay attention to another person's phone and wouldn't know/care at a glance if it was an X or XR.

That being said, I am considering it because I need more storage and the battery life seems intriguing. But I want to see how the screen looks, especially with the dark mode being so prominent in iOS 13.

Status is everything. Look at the popularity of airpods.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
+1
My X is still solid but I love everything about the 11 except the downgraded display :(

Pros
2. Bigger screen

Cons
1. Downgrade in display

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.