Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweetman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Hi I'm fresh to the new gear I've worked hard for. I've had my macbook pro for three months before that in Nov 05 I got my Mbox 2 w Ignition pack : reason 3 Adapted, Ableton Live lite 4 Digidesign Edition,FXpansion BFD lite, SampleTank SE, Amplitude LE, IK Multimedia T-Racks EQ, Celemony Melodyne uno essential.

Wow they all sound great and I'd love to try them, but I didn't do enough home work and it looks like I'll have to upgrade. Not sure if I should sell the Ignition pack because I don't have the cash to upgrade, it sounds like it will cost me a bundle. Next week I will have protools v 7.1 and thats going to be great it's been a long time coming as I slowly go crazy with waiting.This the whole reason I got the laptop for purely making music. Can anyone help please.:) http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sweetman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Ok sorry, if none of these plug-ins from the ignition pack that came with the Mbox are compatible with the macbook pro should I just sell them and start again by buying new plug-ins when I have enough cash or are the upgrades for these plug-ins cheap? Just a little stumped on what the best option is.

Sweetman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Yep

Ok yeah I'm slowly getting it now, I went to the digidesign site and a few of the plug ins in my Ignition pack are UB and there are updates.

Sweetman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
mbox 2

Yeah I have the mbox 2, its not up and running yet I'm waiting for my PT 7.1 upgrade then I hope I have no more delays, fingers crossed. Most of my mates have the mbox1 and seem happy with their set ups. Cheers I hope it goes well too.
Chur bro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.