Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackkkkkhhhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2023
For those with iPhone 15s, are you using/planning to use the new 80% charging limit feature?

As someone who doesn't upgrade their phone every year (11 to 15 Pro), I am curious to see if anyone else is trying to preserve their battery life by using it, or sticking with usual iOS optimised charging. I do understand that all Li-ion batteries chemically degrade over time, however because of the price of these phones, keeping this one for as long as possible is important to me. After observing the 14 Pro's horrific battery health after only a year, is this something we should be concerned about a generation later?

Thanks.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I wasn't going to use it, but out of curiosity, I turned it on. We'll see how it goes. After a few days with my base model 15, I learned that with my usage, I barely charge it anyway, so I don't need all 100%, not even close. I haven't been charging at night. I tend to just throw it on my car's magsafe charger about 45minutes on my commute one way, sometimes both way for a total of probably an hour a day, and I haven't even dropped below 60%. Gonna keep the limit on for a while and try to forget it's on and just see how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.