Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Have you noticed any difference is n performance between the two? My impression is native Windows, single operating system (running) wins.
Oh yes, there was little doubt that the Boot Camp performed much better than a VM. I just don't like the hassle of restarting to switch between OS's. Having the VM is so nice.

Reactions: Huntn

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Downloading this on my new Alienware X51 R3 this morning and Malwarebytes is going nuts with pop ups alerting me to malicious websites being blocked, both inbound and outbound IPs.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Downloading this on my new Alienware X51 R3 this morning and Malwarebytes is going nuts with pop ups alerting me to malicious websites being blocked, both inbound and outbound IPs.

Interesting. Trying to remember if this is a torrent download. Is that a real threat? Ive got the free version of MWB which I don't believe has active protection.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Interesting. Trying to remember if this is a torrent download. Is that a real threat? Ive got the free version of MWB which I don't believe has active protection.
No it's not from a torrent site; I never do that stuff. I got the game from the official site. I haven't yet investigated what the IP's are yet, though I suspect they're probably just phone home type of stuff.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
No it's not from a torrent site; I never do that stuff. I got the game from the official site. I haven't yet investigated what the IP's are yet, though I suspect they're probably just phone home type of stuff.

Some game developers use torrent as a way to distribute their product. Can't remember if this game is one of them.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Some game developers use torrent as a way to distribute their product. Can't remember if this game is one of them.
The culprit is this file (MyComGames.exe) and I'm starting to lookup the associated IPs, which are from various places in Europe and western Asia.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Does this tempt you? :):)
https://aw.my.com/us/black-friday

mbt.jpg

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I forget, did you play WoT?
Yes, I have back when I had an Xbox 360. It's a fun game.

I played one training round in AW so far today. It ran so much smoother than when I tried it in a VM on the MBP. LOL

Been slowly going though the new PC and getting things setup the way I like.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes, I have back when I had an Xbox 360. It's a fun game.

I played one training round in AW so far today. It ran so much smoother than when I tried it in a VM on the MBP. LOL

Been slowly going though the new PC and getting things setup the way I like.

Well, the PC controls are different than the Xbox. The PC Version of WoT is superior to the Xbox version imo. For AW, PVE matches to get comfortable... :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’ve been sucked back into World of Tanks. Is anyone playing Armored Warefare today? How is it? One thing I’ve noticed is that WoT’s Random Battle map environment is incredibly stagnant so I’m wondering what shape Armored Warfare is in today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.