Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
The Artemis logo is a nice logo, what i like even more is the logo’s animation!
Any idea with what app can this animation be created?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I guess there aren’t any animation designers here 😆

Last edited:

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland

Every single thread you post is a question. You contribute nothing here. Try that sometime in the future. Google is a thing, most of what you have asked in the last little while can be answered with a 6 second search on Google.

Any idea with what app can this animation be created?

For this question? Chances are it's a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects.

Reactions: zoran

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
The instant gratification expectation nowadays is tiresome at times... People actually have things to do in their lives other than hanging around forums waiting for questions to arrive. ;-)

Anyway. Animation could have been possibly done in After Effects with a combination of 3d app for the planet and moon sequence or through the use of Elements 3D.

Knowing NASA they often use open source tools, though. That animation could have been easily done in Blender as well. And yes, that includes both 2d and 3d elements. I could recreate it myself in an afternoon in Blender.

Reactions: lostPod and zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Every single thread you post is a question. You contribute nothing here.
Ok, but another viewing angle could be that my questions and their answers, can help others too.
In all forum communities nothing is for waste, everything created by users is a resource 😉

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
What exactly are open source tools?
Non-commercial tools, often free. Examples include Blender, Gimp, Inkscape, Kdenlive, and VLC Media Player, plus a BOATLOAD of others.

Just because they are free however, does not mean they are not worthy. Blender especially is a well renown piece of 3D software with many rich and powerful features. It's mind-boggling to think that such power and flexibility is free and open to anyone to download.

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
To elaborate: open source means that anyone can download the enire source code for that software, inspect, make changes to the code, and build your own version.

This literally means that anyone 'owns' the software when they download it. And anyone is allowed to release their own version :) The software is 'owned' by the community.

For example, an ex-TrueSpace user who disagreed with Blender's user interface direction decided to release his own customized version of Blender called "BlenderForArtists".

It also means that all older versions remain available in perpetuity.

I have Blender 2.79 running on my Raspberry PI :)

@buttongerald Blender is an amazing piece of software and indeed unbelievable for the price. :)

Other professional level open source apps are:
Krita -- brilliant digital painting software, outperforming many commercial offerings
OpenToonz -- production level animation studio software. Used for feature length traditional 2d animation.
Storyboarder -- excellent professional storyboarding software (current version has some issues with its 3d shot generator on M1/2 macs)
Godot -- high level game development authoring environment, comparable to Unity / GameMaker Studio
Firefox -- well-known browser
LibreOffixe -- capable MS Office alternative
Visual Studio Code -- super popular coding environment
Open Broadcast Studio -- high level recording and streaming software

...and many more. And let's not forget

Linux -- free operating system (many variants).

• Love

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Knowing NASA they often use open source tools, though.
Why does NASA use open source tools? Might there be some special reason for this?

Hmm Herbert u covered me, u just posted before my post 😆

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
#buttongerald i think you can see the gems that can be created from my question. You along with #herbert posted some really interesting info and its very much appreciated ❤️

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.