Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Up until last week, I was unaware of a company called Artesian Builds, but their downfall is quite dramatic and fast. They're a company that relies heavily on an ambassador program to help market their PCs. During a PC build giveaway directed towards their ambassadors the CEO Noah Katz saw the winner who at the time was a small twitch streamer. He didn't like the idea of such a small streamer was getting such a great machine, so he rerolled and picked a new "winner" He also openly mocked her during this whole live stream event.

Well things went south pretty quick as the streamer kiapiaa broadcasted her anger and disappointment, it caught the attention of others and caught like wildfire.

Here's the thing, in a matter of a week, they lost most if not all of their ambassadors, pissed off Intel (who was their sponsor), broke the law by changing the rules mid-contest, and it was uncovered that they were not paying their taxes. It appears the state of California raided their office. At this stage, it looks like they're just about out of business.

Just look at what's being said: https://twitter.com/search?q=noah katz&src=typed_query

1646829222170.png

1646829305930.png

A couple of videos details the issues:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Looks like they fired/laid everyone off via slack.

GN has more info and up to date info

k24a1

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
louisville, KY
During a PC build giveaway directed towards their ambassadors the CEO Noah Katz saw the winner who at the time was a small twitch streamer. He didn't like the idea of such a small streamer was getting such a great machine, so he rerolled and picked a new "winner" He also openly mocked her during this whole live stream event.
Bad business etiquette much? Made that startup a shutdown!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Made that startup a shutdown!
Sadly, it means 40 to 50 people lost their jobs. GamerNexus reported that these folks found out that they lost their jobs via a slack message. I don't know if this company made great/good or just so-so products, but it does suck that hard working people get the rug pulled out from beneath them because of hubris and arrogance of one man.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Sadly, it means 40 to 50 people lost their jobs. GamerNexus reported that these folks found out that they lost their jobs via a slack message. I don't know if this company made great/good or just so-so products, but it does suck that hard working people get the rug pulled out from beneath them because of hubris and arrogance of one man.
It sucks the regular employees have to pay for their idiot leaders stupid decisions but what happened was pretty bad and seems the CEO got what he deserved and maybe others in the business will not try such unethical business practices in the future!

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Supposedly/possibly also poor/illegal finance handling:

Reminds me of the movie Fun with Dick and Jane (except for the comedy aspect, of course).

Reactions: maflynn

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Seems as if pissing off a twitter poster and intel is a non issue. Tax evasion seems like the biggie. Breaking some contest rules …. If that amounts fraud is second on the list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.