Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hi - I think I am going to devote myself a little bit to the topic of Artificial Intelligence. Apart from some basic, introductory books, I am very interested on the social, political aspect, and the impact of AI in “regular” life. Also, some philosophical texts would also be appreciated.
Any reccomandation for books on the topic(s)?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Interesting happens in the book publishing world:

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Hi - I think I am going to devote myself a little bit to the topic of Artificial Intelligence. Apart from some basic, introductory books, I am very interested on the social, political aspect, and the impact of AI in “regular” life. Also, some philosophical texts would also be appreciated.
Any reccomandation for books on the topic(s)?

While he hasn't yet released anything in book form, Bruce Schneier, the technologist and privacy-security expert, writes frequently about AI and the areas you're interested in:

Zeynep Tufekci is a sociologist who I think is very insightful and informative about technology, trust, and systems. Here is one article to get you started:

If you're not allergic to business school profs' research and analysis, I thought this recent webinar presented an interesting framework for pushing AI in "good" directions:

Last edited:
Reactions: decafjava and Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.