Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
This is driving me freaking nuts. I have a bunhc of albums by The Decemberists that is sorting with the T's instead of the D's. I made sure that when all of the songs were set to sort by "decemberists". That didn't work so I removed the sort field entirely and that didn't work. In Itunes they sort under the D's but for some reason it won't work on my iphone and it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
This is driving me freaking nuts. I have a bunhc of albums by The Decemberists that is sorting with the T's instead of the D's. I made sure that when all of the songs were set to sort by "decemberists". That didn't work so I removed the sort field entirely and that didn't work. In Itunes they sort under the D's but for some reason it won't work on my iphone and it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

Weird. This is why I prefer iOS stock music player over Samsung and HTC because it doesn't sore by the "T" in "The". Might want to try deleting them and re-syncing.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I don't know of any way to change it on the phone, but if you sync to iTunes on a computer, you can change it there - there is a separate "Sort" page of info, where you can change it so that the songs sort by "Decemberists" rather than "The Decemberists."

What's funny is that old plain iPods used to do that automatically - they would ignore "A" and "The" when sorting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.