Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Wow I definitely made the right move getting the SE. $349 after trading in my iPhone 7, and a monthly payment of $14.50 a month.

I just can't justify paying $300 more for the iPhone 12 mini because the screens have basically the same width but the 12 mini is a little longer. Longer is definitely good but when I had my iPhone X, a lot of the top and bottom screen was wasted with filler material. For example, type an iMessage on our X or 11 Pro right now and see how the bottom of the keyboard is just filler space.

With the SE, since it has a 16:9 ratio, the keyboard starts right at the bottom of the screen, no need for filler space so you still have the same "useable" amount of screen space. Same thing with a photo, most of its is filler material on the X and 12 mini ratio screen.

Maybe some part of me is being a "hater" and maybe some part is trying to convince myself that I don't need a 12 mini. But I am really happy with the SE right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.