Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Warp-Master

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch which I jailbroke at (4.0) with JailBreakMe.com from COMEX.

Recently I have been getting glitches, and crashes, I would like to update to 4.3.1

This is my first JailBroken device and I am just curious as to go about this safely.

What I thought to do is Restore my iPod in iTunes, Update it to the 4.3.1 Version and then run RedSnow on it. Is there more that I need to do?

bizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Sounds like quite the emergency... right. It's an iPod. Just restore it.

aNYthing24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2010
NY
I don't think you need to restore. I didn't to do that. I upgraded to 4.3.1 and jailbroke my iPod right after the redsn0w update came out.

Warp-Master

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Okay then :D
Yeah Idk if JailBreakMe will be making one for 4.3.1 but I don't follow Comex so I may as well just do RedSnow.

Thanks

Warp-Master

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
I have restored my iPod Touch 3rd Generation to 4.2.1 and I am currently trying to jailbreak it with RedSnow using the 4.2.1 Custom Firmware. I am able to point the program to the file on my desktop, and I put my iPod in to DFU Mode so the jailbreak can take place.

However when I am told to keep pressing home and the jailbreak starts, it stop's at "Please wait while your device is being processed: Exploiting with limera1n"

It loads what looks to be 60% and just stops, I even left it Exploiting for an hour and nothing.

Please give advice as to solve this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.