Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parisinvest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Paris
hello you all,
i've recently upgraded my macbook pro 15 2011, it had a fusion drive sad 256go + 750Go worked fine, i've just changed disk to sad 128Go + 1To, i have pull out the old disk and put in the new ones, have had tried to rebuild the fusion drive with new disks, but each time errored after cs create macintosh partition in terminal, and then when i want to proceed a normal installation on sad only, it takes very very long to go into recovery mode with my boot usb, it may take 30 to 40 minutes, and the system got very slow after reinstallation, i've pull out the hdd and put back the dvd rom, it change the speed to go into recovery mode, and a little quicker in desktop, but it still very slow than before, i guest may need to do the delete cs partition first? or some extra work in terminal? anyone provides a help or experience would be nice and very appreciate, thank you so much.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
You don't want a fusion drive.

Set the two drives up to be .... TWO separate drives.

Put your OS, apps and account on the -fastest- of the two drives.

Use the other one for additional storage.

parisinvest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Paris
You don't want a fusion drive.

Set the two drives up to be .... TWO separate drives.

Put your OS, apps and account on the -fastest- of the two drives.

Use the other one for additional storage.

thank you for reply, the whole idea is use two as an entire disk, and let the system choose to use ssd for work and hdd part to storage, so basically fusion drive is saving our times

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.