Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
  • IPhone 6s
  • IOS 10.3.2 (latest)
  • MDM software on phone.
Unusual thing happened yesterday - A popup urging me to update my passcode, & when I went to enter my new passcode, it wouldn't allow a 6-digit numeric only type; had to be (Minimum) 2 alpha, 2 numeric & 2 special characters.

Wasn't sure if it was legit, so contacted Apple Support who didn't know why it happened. They also thought I should've been able to select a numeric only option on the 'new passcode creation' screen, but that option wasn't there.

I then peeked in my MDM settings & noticed a few mentionings of passcode requirements, which reflected those above (2 alpha, 2 numeric & 2 special characters).

Apple Support then suggested I call my work IT Support & see if MDM was behind it.

It Support then urged me to call their business division who handle MDM queries. Being the weekend, they're closed, but I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

Anyway, after changing my passcode, I'm now greeted with a different passcode screen (below). Wondering if anyone else has encountered anything similar?

IMG_3515.JPG

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I have heard of this happening before. Don't really have any answers and forgot the outcome but this has come up and happened to others.

I'm trying to remember but I do think it also was tied in to a work phone

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
What was the solution?

I believe I saw a similar screen on a phone for a nearby hospital.

The user was telling me they had crazy restrictions on their passcodes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.