Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimjazzuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
With Snow Leopard I used my middle mouse button to bring up expose. Now I can't seem to get it to bring up mission control. The mouse is a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical ( old faithful!). Do I just need to wait until Microsoft brings out Lion drivers? Tried changing settings in mission control (in system prefs) but middle button doing diddly squat. Thanks everyone for any ideas... J

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
I have the wireless laser mouse 7000. I have my middle mouse button set to "expose-all windows". Try setting it to that if it already is not. That seems to make Mission Control work for me.

des011

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
the setting for this is located in system preferences > mission control

assign mission control to mouse button 3 from there for it to work

Sacrelicious thank you so much, I've been really annoyed with Lion because of this.
For other people:

Download intellipoint 8.2 (current version at time of writing), then install.
I use the side keys on my Wireless mobile mouse 6000, so load the drivers options in the system preferences, then set each button to be handled by Mac OS.

Then in Mission control settings in system prefs, select second pair of drop downs for shortcuts into Mission control, and select the mouse button for that action.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.