Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kayakphotos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Naples, FL
I'm a long time lurker, but rarely post. I've been into emulating recently (mostly CEMU and dolphin currently) but also stumbled upon the Ocarina of Time Mac port known as Ship of Harkinian. I've been enjoying the game, but have been unable to get the updated texture pack available online to work on my laptop. I ended up installing on my older 2011 iMac since I have Windows installed on that computer via bootcamp and I was able to get the textures working with no issues using the Windows version.

I was able to find my "mods" folder with some additional effort (compared to with Windows), but when I add the files into the folder as directed, I can't get the textures to work. Is this an issue of the files not being readable in MacOS, or am I missing something?

Kayakphotos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Naples, FL
I cannot locate the mods folder on my Mac, how did you do it?
press cmd shift period. This will reveal all hidden files.
After that you simply go to: go (in menu bar top of screen) - library- application support- com.shipofharkinian.soh. Right click on the "com.shipofharkinian.soh" folder and select "new terminal at folder" from the options available. Once you have the terminal open type in "chmod -R u+r mods"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.