Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhnmeyker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance from the community regarding a persistent issue I'm facing with my HP Z1 G5 Tower Hackintosh. I have followed the Dortania OpenCore Install Guide for the installation process. However, I'm encountering a problem during the transition from the EFI Boot Services phase to the EFI Runtime Services phase ([EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]).

At this stage, my system crashes with a black screen, necessitating a manual power off. Upon restarting, I encounter a POST error screen.

I have made several attempts to troubleshoot the issue by following the steps provided in the OpenCore Install Guide. However, none of the suggested solutions have resolved the problem so far. I have also attempted to run a Big Sur installation which yielded the same error. To provide a better understanding of the situation, I have attached the following files for reference:
  • Sysinfo Report
  • EFI Zip
  • OpenCore Log
System Info:
  • OEM Model: HP Z1 G5 Tower
  • Motherboard: HP 8591
  • CPU: Intel i5-9500 (Coffee Lake)
Guide Followed: Dortania OpenCore Install Guide

I kindly request the assistance of the community in identifying the cause of this issue and finding a resolution. If any additional information or logs are required, please let me know.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 65
  • Log.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Sysinfo.txt
    847.8 KB · Views: 269

MacHosehead

macrumors member
May 21, 2022
I tried your EFI on my Coffee Lake Hackintosh. After a while of black screen, it did boot. I got POST errors on reboot so I think there is a problem somewhere. What GPU are you using?

Here is a config.plist from my EFI. You can compare it with your's.

Attachments

• config.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 61

Kouiderdream

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2019
Luxembourg
I tried your EFI on my Coffee Lake Hackintosh. After a while of black screen, it did boot. I got POST errors on reboot so I think there is a problem somewhere. What GPU are you using?

Here is a config.plist from my EFI. You can compare it with your's.
hi every one
I have a same problem
since some days I spend hours to achieve the installation of Hackintosh on my desktop
msi unify x570 with Ryzen 9 5950x with rx 6900xt if can some one have an refi ready it will be fun thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.