Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mallos31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2017
Firstly, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I'm not at all familiar with these forums.

My friend and I have started a business repairing phones, and unfortunately for me, most of the people coming to me have iPhones. We usually purchase damaged ones, repair them, and resell them, and the one I'm working on now is giving me problems. The person we purchased it from has fulfilled the contract, but they have not unlocked the phone from T-Mobile. There is no SIM card, and the phone has been wiped and is not activated. They told us that the back camera was not working. I need to know what I can do to test this camera now that I have, as far as I know, completed the hardware repairs. I have tried everything I have found online up to and including attempting to jailbreak the thing, but during my attempt, I discovered that the phone is updated to 11.2.1 which apparently isn't yet supported for jailbreak. I just want to test it, make sure it works, and sell the dang thing. I already disliked apple, and this is solidifying it. A special thanks to anyone who can help!!

Jetro

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2016
Firstly, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I'm not at all familiar with these forums.

My friend and I have started a business repairing phones, and unfortunately for me, most of the people coming to me have iPhones. We usually purchase damaged ones, repair them, and resell them, and the one I'm working on now is giving me problems. The person we purchased it from has fulfilled the contract, but they have not unlocked the phone from T-Mobile. There is no SIM card, and the phone has been wiped and is not activated. They told us that the back camera was not working. I need to know what I can do to test this camera now that I have, as far as I know, completed the hardware repairs. I have tried everything I have found online up to and including attempting to jailbreak the thing, but during my attempt, I discovered that the phone is updated to 11.2.1 which apparently isn't yet supported for jailbreak. I just want to test it, make sure it works, and sell the dang thing. I already disliked apple, and this is solidifying it. A special thanks to anyone who can help!!
[doublepost=1513644529][/doublepost]You can add your Apple account to it temporarily and should be able to test it.

Mallos31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2017
I never even get the option to do so. I get to the point where it asks me to activate via itunes or wifi. If I choose itunes it says that the SIM is not inserted and that the operation cannot be completed until one is. When I use wifi, it says, "Please insert a SIM card." with a try again button below it. Can't do anything with an apple ID from here.

Jetro

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2016
I never even get the option to do so. I get to the point where it asks me to activate via itunes or wifi. If I choose itunes it says that the SIM is not inserted and that the operation cannot be completed until one is. When I use wifi, it says, "Please insert a SIM card." with a try again button below it. Can't do anything with an apple ID from here.

You can get any tmobile or simple mobile or metro pcs sim and it should work since it's locked to tmobile. even if the sim is not activated it should let you get past that part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.