Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nixarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Hello,

I looked over the forum and seems like it's okay to do a little 'advertisement' here.

I've been working hard on a game called Asterope on-and-off during the past 10months. Asterope began as an Android game for the Google Android Challenge. But they didn't really want games, so none of the top50 apps were regular games :/ anyway, I think Google kinda shot itself in the foot as I'm probably not the only one who ported my Android app to the iPhone. I improved it a lot for the iPhone too, the iPhone is one powerful device!

If you try it out please comment what you think about it. I've pulled in a lot of favors to get it to have top-notch quality, there are just way to many crap games & apps out there.

To check the iTunes page, click here: iTunes Link
Game's homepage: http://www.asteropegame.com/

Here are a couple of screenshots:

screenshot0.png
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png

BTW. I'm also writing together an article how I created the game, I'm not discussing the SDK or programming, but I am discussing the whole process from an idea to reality and how you keep motivated and so forth. And I have some nice screenshots from the tools I've built to show in tha article. It should appear on Gamedev.net next week.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Strange coincidence you posting this today; I just read an article about this somewhere a few days ago (can't remember where now, I'll try to find the link) and it had nothing but great things to say about your game. I look forward to getting this as soon as I resolve my negative balance on iTunes! :eek: bought too much lately...

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

note to all developers: don't make the first screenshot a pic of title screen. It is the only pic on the iPhone appstore.

Nixarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

note to all developers: don't make the first screenshot a pic of title screen. It is the only pic on the iPhone appstore.

Yeah, I know about that but I asked around and people found the title screen really appealing, hmm, but I do agree that showing some ingame action would be better. I should maybe change the order of the screenshots (I think I can do it even thought the app is up)

Strange coincidence you posting this today; I just read an article about this somewhere a few days ago (can't remember where now, I'll try to find the link) and it had nothing but great things to say about your game. I look forward to getting this as soon as I resolve my negative balance on iTunes! :eek: bought too much lately...

Oh, what article might that have been? Cool to get positive feedback after hours and hours of hard work. But it's really hard to stand out in the sea of games in the appstore. And most games are really quickly put together to just earn some easy money with :/

EDIT: I change the order of the screenshots showing an ingame one first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.