Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I just learned (from MacRumors - thanks!) that ASUpdatehider has been updated for iOS 8... and I had previously purchased it in iOS 7 so it was a free download.

Issue... I installed it, and when I launch App Store, then press the "Updates" tab, App Store Crashes... totally defeating the purpose of having the tweak. I uninstalled it and the updates tab works fine.

Anyone else try this new update, and if so, any luck?

Thanks!

Shluki

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
So I just learned (from MacRumors - thanks!) that ASUpdatehider has been updated for iOS 8... and I had previously purchased it in iOS 7 so it was a free download.

Issue... I installed it, and when I launch App Store, then press the "Updates" tab, App Store Crashes... totally defeating the purpose of having the tweak. I uninstalled it and the updates tab works fine.

Anyone else try this new update, and if so, any luck?

Thanks!

Same thing, using iPad air 2, wifi+4g, iOS 8.1.2

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Turn off the option to hide the update history if it's on and hopefully that should fix the problem. Strangely others have mentioned that turning that option on has also fixed the issue for some. It was supposed to have been fixed in the last update so make sure you are up to date. It works fine on or off on my 6+ and Air 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.