Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021

What do people think of this laptop? It has a 14.5" 120hz Oled touch screen with gorilla glass, Intel i7 13700h, 16gb ddr5 ram, 512gb PCI 4 SSD, all aluminum build mil spec, 70whr battery, suppossedly good speakers, an IR camera built into the webcam.

All of this for $799? Seems like a steal for what you are getting. Too bad it doesn't at least have ARC graphics but it is not really designed at all for gaming or other graphics intensive work. Of course it has two thunderbolt 4 ports and one could connect an external GPU if they wanted. It has a USB a port, 2 USB C thunderbolt ports, One HDMI and combo 3.5mm headphone microphone jack.

Just the screen alone seems pretty impressive, then add the 13700h, 16gb ram and 512gb ssd and it seems like the best deal I have seen this year?

Acer has a similar model that is not as nice to $1100.

Just thought I would ask opinions and share the link in case anyone was interested.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Zenbooks I have found to be generally quite good. They pack a lot in for decent price but expect nowhere near the performance potential of that i7 and mediocre battery life.

Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
Zenbooks I have found to be generally quite good. They pack a lot in for decent price but expect nowhere near the performance potential of that i7 and mediocre battery life.
I have watched some videos and even with just two heat pipes and a single fan it doesn't throttle under load. Obviously you can't expect gaming level or desktop level performance but benchmarks on it in GeekBench 5 are very good. over 1800 single core and over 12,000 multi core you are getting close to M2 single core performance with M1 Pro multicore performance in a laptop that is a couple hundred under the 1k mark. Plus you are getting a 120hz Pantone certified 14.5" 2k OLED screen with gorilla glass cover and touch at 550 nits. All aluminum build with milspec certification, glass trackpad with PVD coating, mid range PCI 4 512gb SSD, and 16gb ddr 5 ram. What other laptop even comes close? battery life may not be Apple M series long but it is not terrible and there are ways to extend the battery life without too much a reduction in performance.

I don't think the build quality is near Lenovo 7i or Apple M2 MBA but it is still decent. My complaint is it seems they put all the ports except usb a on the right side. I would have preferred both sides or left side. Right is a little odd.

I am seriously considering selling my Lenovo 14" 7i 2 in one. The Lenovo just has great 4 speaker system but it has a 1255u and a mediocre LCD touchscreen at 60hz. The screen and CPU on the Asus are enough to really entice me. I got the Lenovo on a Best Buy summer sale with a elite membership discount so it cost me less than the Asus. I could sell it without losing money but I would still be out some cash in order to do it. I am not sure it is worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.