Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnglerDan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Are the rumored AT&T $5 Per Day 250MB iPad Data Passes and $25 3-Month 1GB Data Plan now available? (I currently have a Verizon SIM for my iPad Air, but this might be an alternative worth considering).

jraske

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Yes. Just purchased the $25 3 month plan for a trip to NYC.

Burned through the 1 GB though because the hotel WiFi was awful.:confused:

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Is there a web address with AT&T to see them, or does it happen only directly on the iPad?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I just activated my ipad on AT&T tonight. All the options showed up directly on my iPad when I created my account. You can easily see which ones are reoccurring payments and which ones are not. I selected the 250mb 24 hour (non reoccurring) pass to get my account going. I will just add minutes as needed.

macanut

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2012
Did you need to purchase a special sim card to get these data plan options and was there an activation fee when you purchased data? I have a Verizon iPad3 and am interested in these data options.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
If your ipad has an AT&T sim card, it will take you direct to the ATT data plans mentioned.

AndyFL

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
As others have said, yes these are active. The first AT&T store I went to had difficulty locating the plan so I left emptyhanded. I chatted with a rep online and she gave me a keyword to use the next time - "session based plan."

So when I went to another store later, they were able to figure out what I was talking about. Essentially all you need is the AT&T SIM (free). Pop it in and then choose your desired plan and set it up all on the iPad. Important to note this setup is done all on the iPad - not online via the ATT site. There is no activation fee or charge for the SIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.