Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

protekt0r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
It seems like people only create threads in here when there's an issue or when they want to complain/rant about something. No one creates threads to praise anyone or anything. So I thought I'd be the first (or second) to pat AT&T and Apple on the back. My iPhone experience was a good one. And judging from all the people in line, I'm not the only one...

I got in line at my local AT&T store (Albuquerque, NM, Cottonwood) at about 6:10. I was 22nd in line. The first thing I noticed was free starbucks coffee and donuts. Also present was a DJ. Awesome. About 15 minutes after arriving AT&T passed out free canvas pop-up chairs and t-shirts to the first 30 people in line. The DJ got the crowd involved with some songs and chatter.

AT&T opened the doors right at 8AM and had 5 kiosks open. Inside was plenty of help and mostly knowledgeable sales staff. I got in the store at exactly 9AM and managed to snag one of the last 16GB iPhones. Because there was a problem with my existing AT&T account (upgrade eligibility issue), it took about 45 minutes to get my phone and walk out the door. I knew this going in so I prepared myself for the inevitable delay. The entire time the sales staff was apologetic and very fun to chat with.

Everyone in line seemed very pleased with the event. Some folks got there too late and were stuck with 8GB iPods, but that's what happens when you show up at 7AM instead of 6. Oh well. I don't know how many phones my store had but I'm guessing it was more than 40. Could be wrong.

Overall I'm very happy with the experience. I was a little disappointed I couldn't sync my phone w/ iTunes right away but I managed to get it working at about 11pm. No big deal... I prepared myself for iTunes troubles too. It's all about managing your expectations guys. If you expect everything to go perfectly you're just going to let yourself down. Take it all in stride and chill. And don't forget that problems are the price you pay as an early adopter. If you haven't figured that out yet chances are you're either new to "early adoption" or you're just a retard.

Anyways, thanks to AT&T and Apple for giving ME a good experience.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
It seems like people only create threads in here when there's an issue or when they want to complain/rant about something. No one creates threads to praise anyone or anything. So I thought I'd be the first (or second) to pat AT&T and Apple on the back. My iPhone experience was a good one. And judging from all the people in line, I'm not the only one...

I got in line at my local AT&T store (Albuquerque, NM, Cottonwood) at about 6:10. I was 22nd in line. The first thing I noticed was free starbucks coffee and donuts. Also present was a DJ. Awesome. About 15 minutes after arriving AT&T passed out free canvas pop-up chairs and t-shirts to the first 30 people in line. The DJ got the crowd involved with some songs and chatter.

AT&T opened the doors right at 8AM and had 5 kiosks open. Inside was plenty of help and mostly knowledgeable sales staff. I got in the store at exactly 9AM and managed to snag one of the last 16GB iPhones. Because there was a problem with my existing AT&T account (upgrade eligibility issue), it took about 45 minutes to get my phone and walk out the door. I knew this going in so I prepared myself for the inevitable delay. The entire time the sales staff was apologetic and very fun to chat with.

Everyone in line seemed very pleased with the event. Some folks got there too late and were stuck with 8GB iPods, but that's what happens when you show up at 7AM instead of 6. Oh well. I don't know how many phones my store had but I'm guessing it was more than 40. Could be wrong.

Overall I'm very happy with the experience. I was a little disappointed I couldn't sync my phone w/ iTunes right away but I managed to get it working at about 11pm. No big deal... I prepared myself for iTunes troubles too. It's all about managing your expectations guys. If you expect everything to go perfectly you're just going to let yourself down. Take it all in stride and chill. And don't forget that problems are the price you pay as an early adopter. If you haven't figured that out yet chances are you're either new to "early adoption" or you're just a retard.

Anyways, thanks to AT&T and Apple for giving ME a good experience.

damn you got t-shirts, coffee and a canvas chair ? that must have been a good experience.

The staff at our local AT&T store was also courteous but no gifts...

DWrightsGirlx26

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Wow..the staff at my AT&T told me I must have dialed a wrong number because they answer their phones, when I proved to him their employees told me 'this ain't no AT&T' and hung up on me. Maybe some Starbucks would have lessened the urge to strangle someone.

protekt0r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
damn you got t-shirts, coffee and a canvas chair ? that must have been a good experience.

The staff at our local AT&T store was also courteous but no gifts...

that particular store is pretty good. they all are actually (at least in ABQ). AT&T isn't big here so maybe they're trying to make an impression on folks...

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
that particular store is pretty good. they all are actually (at least in ABQ). AT&T isn't big here so maybe they're trying to make an impression of folks...

that sure did make an impression. Perhaps I should have drove to ABQ instead of waiting in line here..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.