Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
EskPweo.png

I can't do anything with this phone.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Couldn't you change your plans and move away from an unlimited plan thus avoid throttling?

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
More than likely the tower is down, AT&T hasn't throttled me since I've been on lte and I use about 11gb a month.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

I can't do anything with this phone.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone who's still on an unlimited plan and tethering off it, when others (myself included) played by the rules and paid for a tethering plan.

You may think I'm a sucker, but I don't get throttled, ever.

If you were getting throttled for JUST phone usage, it would be a different matter and I'd sympathize. The plan is for unlimited on-phone usage and you should be able to use data on your phone unlimited-ly for any legitimate use. But if you're clinging to unlimited and using WyWi, then you best take your lumps when you get throttled, and keep the fact that you're tethering quiet, lest you get caught and the throttling problem "solved" for you by AT&T.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
jesusplay is going too far w/ MyWi.

I hope they take down your unlimited for abuse.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Hey OP - stop using so much and ruining it for the rest of us. AT&T seems to have lifted the throttle so many throughout the country. SO DON'T RUIN IT!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.