Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZollo

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Does anyone still have this plan? How often do you use it & how is it.

I still have the plan and I use it all the time. My daughter watches her Disney movies and shows in the car. It is great on long car trips and summer vacations she streams all her Disney movies from the Disney anywhere app and I use plex server to stream all my movies from my imac at home on vacation. What's nice about the unlimited data plan LTE is a lot of times it's a lot faster and more reliable and secure than hotel wifi. The plan is well worth it and I will never give it up.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
yep... still have it. streaming Netflix right now whilst on a biz trip. they'll bury me with my unlimited iPad data plan.

if they would allow iTunes HD movie downloads over LTE i'd be over the moon.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I'm glad to see people realizing how great these plans are. I love mine especially cuz I use it as a hotspot too

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I use mine all the time. I recently started using Dish Anywhere and stream live TV while I'm on the road.

sideshow23bob

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2005
I use it. Helpful with Netflix subscription when on the road but honestly my typical monthly speeds are less than 1GB just some months spike.

Brandon86

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2015
I use 3 of these plans. 2 I use in mobile phones and use google voice for calls/messaging. Nobody even knows I don't pay for a phone plan, works exactly the same!

the 3rd one I use as home internet in a Cradlepoint Router.

rpetunderclass

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2014
I use 3 of these plans. 2 I use in mobile phones and use google voice for calls/messaging. Nobody even knows I don't pay for a phone plan, works exactly the same!

Haha nice! Are these the old school grandfather $29.99 ones from 2010?

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
Just because this is the ONLY unrestricted, unlimited plan on the market.

Other so called "unlimited" plans all have limits where you will be throttled, and restrictions (like you can't use it in a mobile hotspot, etc). This one don't.
Though technically it also have some restrictions, but I think because of the quantity of the plan, ATT is NOT monitoring activities on this plan at all.

In other words, if you live in a good coverage area, you can use it to replace home internet.

Reactions: Truefan31

Shawn1982

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2017

What model Cradlepoint router do you use and the modem model?
Thanks

Brandon86

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2015
It's been a while since I looked at the model number. But I believe it's a Cradlepoint MBR1400LPE-AT.
That is the router/modem combo. The LPE-AT means it's the att version

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
actually having an issue on mine on using a ps4 with psn with it. Anyone know how to get psn and online play to fully work with it? I was told the NAT needs changing to open/moderate for psn to work completely (chat, etc). Any help?

Shawn1982

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2017
It's been a while since I looked at the model number. But I believe it's a Cradlepoint MBR1400LPE-AT.
That is the router/modem combo. The LPE-AT means it's the att version

Does it have to the full size sim card or using an adapter should work as well. I have a nano sim that i'm using in my iPad air 2 and just purchased the cradlepoint MBR1400. I placed the nano sim with an adapter into the MC200LP-AT but it keeps blinking green and not going to the solid green. Do you guys use a full size sim in it?

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Does anyone still have this plan? How often do you use it & how is it.

Use it every day (except when I was in Australia). Except for this month I rarely used more than 2GB.
[doublepost=1493494950][/doublepost]
I used a nano SIM with an adapter

I have a hotspot that I used last week with it. I just wish it was easier to insert into my hotspot. Hard to get the SIM in without the nano sim sliding out from the adapter.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I gave up my cellular plan with att long ago. It was so slow and compared to my home and office wifi, I prefer wifi when ever I can use it. For me cellular is only for when I have to use it so I was not using but maybe 4-5 go a month.......not worth it for me.

For those who have been using the unlimited plan on your iPad as your only way of getting on the net, time to pay up and get wifi like the rest of us.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I gave up my cellular plan with att long ago. It was so slow and compared to my home and office wifi, I prefer wifi when ever I can use it. For me cellular is only for when I have to use it so I was not using but maybe 4-5 go a month.......not worth it for me.

For those who have been using the unlimited plan on your iPad as your only way of getting on the net, time to pay up and get wifi like the rest of us.
I'm betting most still don't have to, since many people still aren't throttled after 22GB.

Reactions: Truefan31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.