Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
NY
I bought an iPhone 14 Pro on an AT&T installment plan (trade in phone for 800 bill credits). Are these phones unlocked now? I just checked my Settings -> General -> About screen and it shows "No SIM Restrictions" for Carrier Lock. I was under the impression these are locked until the phone is paid off, but am quite happy if the policy has changed.

I ordered my phone directly from Apple and picked up in an Apple Store on launch day.

Thanks!

bc 08

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2020
I bought an iPhone 14 Pro on an AT&T installment plan (trade in phone for 800 bill credits). Are these phones unlocked now? I just checked my Settings -> General -> About screen and it shows "No SIM Restrictions" for Carrier Lock. I was under the impression these are locked until the phone is paid off, but am quite happy if the policy has changed.

I ordered my phone directly from Apple and picked up in an Apple Store on launch day.

Thanks!

It’s probably not locked because you bought it from Apple. I wasn’t sure how ordering through Apple but with an associated carrier plan would work.

Had you ordered it through AT&T it would have been locked until the end of your contract agreement (36 months, iirc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.