Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Before I get my iPhone 15 Pro on Friday, I want to know how to get it set up. Do I need to call AT&T or can I do it myself. Basically my line was not eligible for upgrade, so I used another line on my account to get the phone and put it on a payment plan. So when I get the phone Friday, I want to make sure it is set up to use my phone number and not the phone number of the line I used for my upgrade.

How do I go about doing this? Can I just sign into my new phone set it up and transfer the esim from my iPhone 13 Pro Max? Or is there more to it than that?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I would imagine you would be able to just do a normal transfer over. it should download/transfer the eSIM when turned on so as long as you direct to download the eSIM from the other device transfer, it should work. worst case, you should be able to manually add the IMEI through the account website yourself or call them and have them add it.

Reactions: calvy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.