Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I wonder if the AT&T stores will have the same iPhone 5s models (16, 32, 64 gb models in all color selections) as the Apple Stores on launch day. I have a feeling that the AT&T stores might have only the 16 and 32 gb models on launch day because that's what I remember from the iPhone 4s launch. I went to an AT&T store and I believe that the sales associate stated that he didn't know which models they would have in stock on launch day.

Has anyone been able to purchase a 64 gb model in the color they wanted on launch day at an AT&T store? Any AT&T employees out there who know something about iPhone 5s model availability on launch day?

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I hope they have 64GB available at launch... I can only go to AT&T because they put a notation on my account to let me upgrade early and only AT&T stores can see that notation...

jeffm5690

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
I hope they have 64GB available at launch... I can only go to AT&T because they put a notation on my account to let me upgrade early and only AT&T stores can see that notation...

Watch that. The manager at ATT did that for me a few months ago and when I got to the store they told me that even though it was only 2 weeks away they WOULD NOT honor it and when I called back they said even though it was noted, it could not be done. Good Luck!

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I called AT&T over the phone and got my call escalated thru the levels of customer service. The final person I spoke too gave me his number and extension and told me to have whoever is waiting on my at the store call him should they try and not honor the notation he put on my line. So hopefully it'll be ok!

jeffm5690

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
I called AT&T over the phone and got my call escalated thru the levels of customer service. The final person I spoke too gave me his number and extension and told me to have whoever is waiting on my at the store call him should they try and not honor the notation he put on my line. So hopefully it'll be ok!

It was probably the same guy that I had - he got on the phone and then said "I am sorry but that cannot be done due to constraints put on the account by the subsidy clause...."

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

I called 3 times and all 3 times I got a confirmation that they will honor the notes and allow me to upgrade now, but as a backup the guy said (who knows if he will) he would set up a call back for friday morning, since he knows whats going on and his manager gave him the OK, he will handle my case on friday so that someone else doesn't turn me away.

I will still call and order before he calls me, and he said if I have any issues he will call me to verify if I got my order in, if not he will do it.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

Good move. In cases like that I always reference the person I spoke to and what they said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.