Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
So I have the iPhone XS Max with AT&T, paying monthly for the phone (AT&T Next Every Year) plan. As of right now I owe $87.20 on the phone, then I can trade in and upgrade early. But I obviously want to wait until September for the new iPhones.

My question is, if I pay off the trade in balance now, $87.20, will my monthly bill go down or will I still be paying on my phone as the Pay Off Amount to own the phone is $711.70?

acocke

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I have only done the pay off total amount on my ATT phones in order to keep the devices, but I would assume that since technically the phone is not all the way paid off, you would be still paying on it until you trade it in with ATT.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Since you still owe $711.70, AT&T will still continue to charge you for the Xs Max each month. So you can continue to pay down the device until the new iPhone's are released in September, then at that time you can trade your Xs Max in.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Thanks for all your answers. So it's pointless to pay the trade in balance off now if it doesn't lower my monthly bill. Makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.