Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Has anyone else with AT&T had any issues since iOS 15.6 was released? I have an iPhone 13 Pro and in the last few weeks the service has gotten really bad. I work in the same place I have for ten years and now I suddenly have no service at all most of time, or very weak service if I'm lucky. I also notice if I'm out and about I see 5Ge a lot more. And when I do have 5G the data is pretty slow. Anyone I work with who has AT&T is experiencing the same issues. I was hoping it was a tower issue in that area but now even at home the data is pretty slow on supposed 5G.

Anyway....just wondering if others with AT&T are noticing anything.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
No issues with at&t. I turn 5g off anyway so I wouldn't know about that aspect. 5g is a battery hog so i don't fool with it on my 12 pro max

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
No issues with at&t. I turn 5g off anyway so I wouldn't know about that aspect. 5g is a battery hog so i don't fool with it on my 12 pro max
I hadn’t thought of trying this. I’m at work now, outside in my car. With 5G on I get less than 10 Mbps down. I turned it off and got 80. I must just be in a crappy area that for some reason got worse lately.

Reactions: Dsmith7

Ram65

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Has anyone else with AT&T had any issues since iOS 15.6 was released? I have an iPhone 13 Pro and in the last few weeks the service has gotten really bad. I work in the same place I have for ten years and now I suddenly have no service at all most of time, or very weak service if I'm lucky. I also notice if I'm out and about I see 5Ge a lot more. And when I do have 5G the data is pretty slow. Anyone I work with who has AT&T is experiencing the same issues. I was hoping it was a tower issue in that area but now even at home the data is pretty slow on supposed 5G.

Anyway....just wondering if others with AT&T are noticing anything.
Just turn 5G off until ATT release a carrier update .

maverick100

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2019
Total disaster with ATT since the update on both an 11" iPad Pro (second generation); and iPhone XS Max.
Both iPhone and iPad have been rebuilt 5 times, (all from recovery mode on my iMac) since the update. Have talked with more Apple second level support; (they were super). ATT; talked with several second level support; (they were good. Joy finally cam when an ATT second live support knew exactly what the problem was. She reset with my account or something in my iPad and iPhone. It fixed every single problem for a few days. Now most of those problems have returned. Biggest problem. Unable to verification codes (text message) from every web site and IOS app that tries to send them. Now I have noticed that several web sites and apps are giving me the option to use e-mail to get those codes. Not one problem doing that. Tried to go to Verizon; they want $50 more a month for the same service. Tried several of he carriers that use Verizon; None of them support iPads. Just my experience

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I got tired of waiting so I am making the switch to Verizon. Pro tip: pay off and unlock your phone BEFORE initiating anything with a new carrier. Got myself in a little bind now.

Edit: All better now. Obviously area matters and small sample size, but Verizon is about 9 times faster where I’m at.

Last edited:

hgtefla

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2022
I have an AT&T iPhone 12 Pro - the IOS 15.6 update was fine, however, on 7/27 Audacy made a change to their App requiring a signon. I got the signon working using my Desktop browser - so my UserID and and pswd is fine, yet the Audacy App does nopt let me get past the signon. I have been in touch with Audacy Support and they say they are looking into it. This is now two weeks and the Audacy App is still not working. I can't believe that I'm the only one. BTW - I have two iPhone 12 Pro both at IOS15.6 and they have the identical problem. I'm asuming that this is Audacy and not IOS 15.6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.