Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I'm seeing there's a trade in on Apple's site for up to 1000 off, anyone know or get any info from AT&T on what this means? Like can I use my phone that I'm currently paying off that I normally send in every year toward that promo for a new iPhone? I know sometimes AT&T works like this. I don't really upgrade on Apple.com so unaware of how they work. Thanks!

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
If you read the fine print on the Apple site for AT&T I believe it says the phone needs to be paid off if being used for a trade in. If you are on the upgrade program and have met at least 1/2 of the phone paid off you can send it back to AT&T to upgrade to the 14 but you won't get any trade in discounts.

Reactions: tripleh3lix

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Last year they offered $500 in Bill credits even if you upgraded on next. It doesn’t look like that’s happening this year.

So the only way is to pay it off completely and then trade it in and get the thousand dollar credit which takes 34 months… Or trade it in with Apple and get $750 immediately and go on a regular installment plan for the rest, or pay the difference till you get to 50% on AT&T witch from my phone was about $200… And then just trade it in on next up and do it all over again. But there’s no Bill credits.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Can I order a iPhone on my Apple account have it shipped to me with AT&T installment plan if the AT&T installment main user is not under my name or address but I have authorized access ?

Or will it be shipped in my family member's name and address ?

Who is better to order from Apple or AT&T as well ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.