Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Has AT&T given clear instructions on how we do this with the iPhone 13 Pro? Last year, it allowed me to pay off the remaining balance before launch and there were no issues with upgrading. I logged into my account and cannot find how to do that this year.

Reformed

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
Hey! I was able to do it via the AT&T website. When logged in to your account, go to the "My Devices" section and click "Manage device" under the line that you want to upgrade. Then, click "See installment plan details", (make sure that the line you want to upgrade is selected) and click "Make a plan payment", it will give you the option to pay the remaining balance.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Thanks, Reformed! I just figured it out and came back to post, but you nailed it.

Funny how those little details are so hard to find :)

Reactions: Reformed

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
I paid up to the 50% upgrade price. I still am wondering if Apple is going to let us upgrade on the site like they did last year

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I paid up to the 50% upgrade price. I still am wondering if Apple is going to let us upgrade on the site like they did last year
It allowed me to complete the Pre-Order through the Apple app after I made the 50% payment to AT&T. Payment options for the taxes were via Apple Pay or credit card.

jp1212

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
OBX
The Apple Store app gives me the option to upgrade with the $1000 AT&T credit but it never ties in anything about the iPhone Installment Plan (not IUP). Do I just need to call Citizens to pay the balance? Otherwise I believe I am eligible to upgrade through the Apple Installment Plan again without paying the balance, but I would obviously not qualify fo the AT&T offer.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
I was thiking the same thing, I have to pay off the remainder to get to my 50% level, Im guessing it will prompt me to do that as I do the preorder in the morning OR should I pay it off now?

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I was thiking the same thing, I have to pay off the remainder to get to my 50% level, Im guessing it will prompt me to do that as I do the preorder in the morning OR should I pay it off now?
I paid mine now with AT&T and then it let me complete the pre-order in the Apple Store app. I did not want any hiccups in the morning.

Reactions: Blueline29

Bcct63

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
For those that upgraded last year through the Next Up program, how did you trade in your old device? I upgraded last year through the Apple app, got the 12 Pro, but never received instructions on how to trade in the 11 Pro. I called AT&T and they gave me an address. I sent the 11 back but AT&T claimed it was never returned. I had the tracking number which showed it was delivered to them. In any event, I’m afraid of upgrading this year and going through the same hassle.

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC
For those that upgraded last year through the Next Up program, how did you trade in your old device? I upgraded last year through the Apple app, got the 12 Pro, but never received instructions on how to trade in the 11 Pro. I called AT&T and they gave me an address. I sent the 11 back but AT&T claimed it was never returned. I had the tracking number which showed it was delivered to them. In any event, I’m afraid of upgrading this year and going through the same hassle.
Apple sent me an AT&T return label via email after I received my new phone and instructed me to return in the brown box my phone came in. Just make sure you take pictures and get a receipt from the post office when you return it. This is my 4th year returning via mail with no issues.

Reactions: Blueline29

Bcct63

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I ever got that email from Apple, and I picked the phone up from the local Apple store so I never got the brown box. Luckily I documented the return to AT&T. They actually charged my account for the lost phone. It wasn’t resolved until I filed a complaint with the FCC, along with copies of the tracking info showing they received it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.