Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCphone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Is there a way to add unlimited text messaging to/from other at&t customers? Anyone try this and get the bill yet?

Thanks!

LimeyYankee

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I'm pretty sure that texting to ATT customers is free, its when you text other cell providers that they start deducting from the 200 SMS you get.

semperfimarine2

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2007
Austin Texas
I'm pretty sure that texting to ATT customers is free, its when you text other cell providers that they start deducting from the 200 SMS you get.

thats only if you have the unl. m2m texting plan. thats not that exspensive compared to the regular unl. texting which is $20. you can go to att's website and look at the messaging plans. thats what i did

yotaguy

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
thats only if you have the unl. m2m texting plan. thats not that exspensive compared to the regular unl. texting which is $20. you can go to att's website and look at the messaging plans. thats what i did

All iPhones required one of three data plans, all of which include unlimited data use and visual voicemail

$20 200 SMS messages

$30 1500 SMS messages

$40 unlimited SMS messages

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
All iPhones required one of three data plans, all of which include unlimited data use and visual voicemail

$20 200 SMS messages

$30 1500 SMS messages

$40 unlimited SMS messages

No .... only 1 data plan for the iphone and it includes 200 txts. You can add more txts for more $ per month.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
Just in case you dont believe the two threads above. I just got unlimited texting m2m last night for 5$ a month starting next pay period. Call 611 or you can do it online at your att wirless account

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
As far as text messages NOT m2m:

textmessages.png

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
As far as text messages NOT m2m:

View attachment 81225

Not every feature for ATT service is available on iTunes or advertised on Apple.com
If you are truly interested in getting unlimited M2M call 611 and you will even hear the add for it while on hold. Then just tell them you want the 5$ unlimited M2M texting and they will put it on your plan.

A little word of advice... don't add it with 2 or 3 days left on your contract, its just a waste of 5$.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
New Rates for 3G iPhones?

I was looking how much it would cost per month to be on AT&T - wow....

I see that now text messaging is no longer part of the "iPhone Data" plan - it costs extra.

It ALSO seems the packages are 200, 1500, or unlimited. I use about 300/month. So I would have to get the $15 package (1500)?

Didn't they used to have a $10 package (about 1000)?

It's sort of like Dish Networks - there's no "mid" package, they make you get the upper packages just to get what you want.

Looks like it's T-Mobile still for me (400 messages is only $5).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.