Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U1cracka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Looking to switch to T-Mobile service from At&t. Will my unlocked At&t iPhone XS Max and wife’s and daughters unlocked At&t iPhone X work with there service.

Guy at T-Mobile is telling me they won’t work I’ll get dropped calls

Also I know the At&t iPhone X won’t work with Verizon but will my At&t iPhone XS Max work with Verizon.

sirghost

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
Looking to switch to T-Mobile service from At&t. Will my unlocked At&t iPhone XS Max and wife’s and daughters unlocked At&t iPhone X work with there service.

Also I know the At&t iPhone X won’t work with Verizon but will my At&t iPhone XS Max work with Verizon.

yes, your iPhone XS max if bought in the US, will work on both t-mobile and Verizon without issues other than of course service quality of either provider in the area or areas you are in.

U1cracka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
yes, your iPhone XS max if bought in the US, will work on both t-mobile and Verizon without issues other than of course service quality of either provider in the area or areas you are in.
Thank I thought so guy at T-Mobile tried telling me it won’t work told me only Verizon phones work on there network. Told him he’s full of **** and went to another T-Mobile store

Reactions: Wide opeN

Trejoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2019
Las Vegas

Stay away this really has nothing to do with reception. They allowed my account to be overtaken by someone not authorized to make any changes. Tomorrow will be the second time I will have to drive to a T-Mobile and show them two forms of ID to verify myself. After the first time I paid them almost 400 dollars to pay of the device and cancel service. Today I was charged a full bill including phone installment insurance for a phone that was paid in full and disconnected 3 weeks ago. Explained my whole situation and not even an apology or explanation back from the fraud “experts”. Your best bet is save yourself the misery.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Your devices will work if they are unlocked. I’ve had T-Mobile since 2013 and it’s been good . Never had any problems with my account either . If you want to switch, I say go ahead . The only thing I don’t like is that you have to put a down payment on a device.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Any unlocked modern iPhone from AT&T will work with T-Mobiles network. Sounds like the salesman was trying to up his numbers or something.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I would recommend Mint Mobile if you want to switch to the T Mobile network.

It's much cheaper than T Mobile even though it's on the T Mobile network.
I've got two T-Mobile SyncUP Drives (one on a free line) and a 4G LTE Cellspot.

Will these continue to work on MintMobile?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014

The AT&T iPhone X will work just fine with Verizon. It won't connect to CDMA, but Verizon is in the process of decommissioning CDMA anyway, so it's a moot point.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006

It will work fine. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Yeah, so MintMobile isn't going to work with anything other than phones/tablets is what you're saying.

Much like a cable box should be returned or face being billed for it, the CellSpot is the property of T-Mobile. Jump ship, and they will want it back. If you got one, you made the agreement to return it.

just advice...

Plus like any phone with an IMEI, it can be blacklisted if stolen.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Much like a cable box should be returned or face being billed for it, the CellSpot is the property of T-Mobile. Jump ship, and they will want it back. If you got one, you made the agreement to return it.

just advice...

Plus like any phone with an IMEI, it can be blacklisted if stolen.
I don't disagree. My original point (oblique as it was) was to show that MintMobile does not support the kind of devices I have.

I have no plans to switch to a carrier that would not support my SyncUP Drives (in-car WiFi) nor offer a femtocell.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Phones will work just fine, like others have said on AT&T. Just made 5 years on T-Mobile no complaints, it's been a stellar experience with normal issues you'd run into with any carrier.

Only current area of concern is congestion, but I'm confident once the merger fiasco is behind us things will continue to improve rapidly!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.