Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antomir

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Hello! I preordered my iPhone 15 Pro Max for pickup on Launch Day and I set it to trade in my iPhone 12 Pro Max so I could get the $1000 in bill credits from AT&T. I did the trade in at my Apple Store as I’ve done in the past and I have the confirmation that the condition was verified and that it is worth $1000. However, unlike my other instances in which I got a text saying my credits will start, as well as getting the credit on my first bill, I haven’t gotten anything… I know that the terms say it can take 2-3 months but my experience has never been this. Ironically, I argued with my girlfriend as to why she didn’t trade in her iPhone 12 Pro at the Apple Store when she ordered her iPhone 15 Pro, and she went to a corporate AT&T store to trade in and already has her credits lol. So needless to say that argument bit me in the butt.

So my question is this: for those of you that did the AT&T Trade in offer in store at an Apple Store (not AT&T Store), have you received your credits or text message about the credits yet?

TIA!

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
It seems to depend on when the billing cycle begins versus the day AT&T processes the trade-in.

Last spring I traded in my phone and my wife's phone through Apple one week apart right around the end of the billing cycle (both phones are on the same account). The first trade showed on the next month's bill but the second trade didn't appear until the following month. The text messages for the second phone were delayed as well. I assume I just missed the billing cutoff for the second trade in. AT&T will make the appropriate adjustments to the credits if it takes more than one month to post.

Reactions: Antomir

Antomir

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
It seems to depend on when the billing cycle begins versus the day AT&T processes the trade-in.

Last spring I traded in my phone and my wife's phone through Apple one week apart right around the end of the billing cycle (both phones are on the same account). The first trade showed on the next month's bill but the second trade didn't appear until the following month. The text messages for the second phone were delayed as well. I assume I just missed the billing cutoff for the second trade in. AT&T will make the appropriate adjustments to the credits if it takes more than one month to post.
Thank you for your first hand experience. I knew about the catch up credits as they call them, but I was worried that somehow I got screwed and didn’t get the credits lol. I’m glad to see that in your case in the past you got it in the second bill. Ironically my girlfriend has an end of billing cycle that’s actually sooner than mine which is what caught me off guard. Thank you

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
Thank you for your first hand experience. I knew about the catch up credits as they call them, but I was worried that somehow I got screwed and didn’t get the credits lol. I’m glad to see that in your case in the past you got it in the second bill. Ironically my girlfriend has an end of billing cycle that’s actually sooner than mine which is what caught me off guard. Thank you
Well I guess it takes a little longer for the trade to be reported to, and processed by, AT&T if you trade through Apple instead of directly at the AT&T store. If the timing of the billing cycles had been different you both may have gotten the credits on the first bill, or maybe you got it a month before her, but you've already lost the argument so them's the breaks lol.

Reactions: Antomir

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Hello! I preordered my iPhone 15 Pro Max for pickup on Launch Day and I set it to trade in my iPhone 12 Pro Max so I could get the $1000 in bill credits from AT&T. I did the trade in at my Apple Store as I’ve done in the past and I have the confirmation that the condition was verified and that it is worth $1000. However, unlike my other instances in which I got a text saying my credits will start, as well as getting the credit on my first bill, I haven’t gotten anything… I know that the terms say it can take 2-3 months but my experience has never been this. Ironically, I argued with my girlfriend as to why she didn’t trade in her iPhone 12 Pro at the Apple Store when she ordered her iPhone 15 Pro, and she went to a corporate AT&T store to trade in and already has her credits lol. So needless to say that argument bit me in the butt.

So my question is this: for those of you that did the AT&T Trade in offer in store at an Apple Store (not AT&T Store), have you received your credits or text message about the credits yet?

TIA!
Last year I did an AT&T trade in at the Apple Store. My credits didn't start as early as I thought they should either. So, I checked my order status at apple.com (use the website, not the iOS app) and saw my trade in value had been adjusted to zero. Long story short, the guy that did the initial trade in logged it as a recycle and not a trade. Apple did make it right however by giving me $800 in cash since they botched the trade in. The entire process took about a month.

Go to apple.com, click the shopping bag in the upper right of the website and select orders. You should be able to see your trade in status from there. If it's been adjusted to zero, go back to the Apple Store and have them start an investigation. If its still showing the right amount, then you probably just have to wait a bit longer for the credits to kick in.

InvertedGoldfish

Suspended
Jun 28, 2023
Last year I did an AT&T trade in at the Apple Store. My credits didn't start as early as I thought they should either. So, I checked my order status at apple.com (use the website, not the iOS app) and saw my trade in value had been adjusted to zero. Long story short, the guy that did the initial trade in logged it as a recycle and not a trade. Apple did make it right however by giving me $800 in cash since they botched the trade in. The entire process took about a month.

Go to apple.com, click the shopping bag in the upper right of the website and select orders. You should be able to see your trade in status from there. If it's been adjusted to zero, go back to the Apple Store and have them start an investigation. If its still showing the right amount, then you probably just have to wait a bit longer for the credits to kick in.

Wonder how many times they gave a customer a new phone for free as a “recycling” lol

Antomir

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020

Wow that’s quite the story. Good to see that Apple did right by you at the end though. That’s the important part. In my case the order shows that the trade in was confirmed and it still shows $1000 so it might just be a matter of waiting. At least that’s what I hope…

Reactions: VineRider
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.