Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
This is the first time I've traded in a phone to AT&T. I sent it to them on 9/21, it shows Device Received and Processed on 9/29. Have been waiting for it to goto Trade Completed, Promotion Sent/Applied status for a week. How long does it take them to complete the process?

Reactions: compwiz1202

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I think it completes when your next bill is generated, at least that's what I've read online.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Same here wondering when they will start to credit me. First month bill has been charged to me will they credit back?

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
My first bill after the new phone cut a few days ago. It was higher than I expected because the credit amount isn't on there yet. I'd have to research it but I think I remember reading it could take a couple of billing cycles. Don't know how that works with the calculation that was given for the number of months in the promotion.

Mine is for 36 months. It's only an extra $5.xx after the credit for the old phone. I'll take that!

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
My first bill after the new phone cut a few days ago. It was higher than I expected because the credit amount isn't on there yet. I'd have to research it but I think I remember reading it could take a couple of billing cycles. Don't know how that works with the calculation that was given for the number of months in the promotion.
Should be by the third bill, or I would contact them

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
I mailed my 12 Pro in the Monday after launch day and credits got applied yesterday. It will be on my next bill.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Just got my bill generated and the credits are on there already and they received the device 8 days ago and inspected it 4 days ago. Pretty impressive.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Just got my bill generated and the credits are on there already and they received the device 8 days ago and inspected it 4 days ago. Pretty impressive.
Actually I looked at the bill wrong. The credit on my bill was from my previous deal for the iPhone 12. But either way my trade in value of $1000 showed up when my bill generated.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Does the trade in status showing they credit your phone. My 2 phones have been delivered for more than a week no credit.

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Amazing.
I've mailed mine in for past 4 phones and it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for them to even receive it. I check online via PitneyBowes smart label site

I Mailed in my 13PM on the Sept 16th the day I got my 14PM. tracking every other day shows it just got there in Irving, Texas on the 6th of Oct. in usually 4-5 days I should get text saying all is good Trade is accepted.

Honestly 8 days is just crazy time as I bring to USPS with their return label and I have had it sit there for 8 days before getting picked up. That said I get my credits in about 3-4 weeks after mailing back. As once its arrived and I receive text. I check app for credit if not I call them. In the past they have given me credit for my hassle. Ive been ATT with this # since 1997. And I constantly say that nicely when I call with any issue.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Does the trade in status showing they credit your phone. My 2 phones have been delivered for more than a week no credit.
It doesn’t show the trade in value until the next bill is generated after they receive it and inspect it.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Amazing.
I've mailed mine in for past 4 phones and it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for them to even receive it. I check online via PitneyBowes smart label site

I Mailed in my 13PM on the Sept 16th the day I got my 14PM. tracking every other day shows it just got there in Irving, Texas on the 6th of Oct. in usually 4-5 days I should get text saying all is good Trade is accepted.

Honestly 8 days is just crazy time as I bring to USPS with their return label and I have had it sit there for 8 days before getting picked up. That said I get my credits in about 3-4 weeks after mailing back. As once its arrived and I receive text. I check app for credit if not I call them. In the past they have given me credit for my hassle. Ive been ATT with this # since 1997. And I constantly say that nicely when I call with any issue.
My tracking number never said delivered but I got an email saying they received it and then a few days later got an email saying it had been inspected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.