Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
So, assuming they both have amazing coverage where I'm at... which is more likely to actually be a good carrier in terms of hidden fees, updates, and so forth. Thinking about switching from Sprint.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
So, assuming they both have amazing coverage where I'm at... which is more likely to actually be a good carrier in terms of hidden fees, updates, and so forth. Thinking about switching from Sprint.
If coverage was equal I would choose AT&T. As a phone nerd mind you...there are more options for new phones for AT&T. Like say you can get a OPO2 second hand later in the year. It won't work on Verizon but it will on AT&T. Same with a lot of other overseas OEMs.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
AT&T says they can get my Sprint S6 to work on their network.
Verizon offers me 200$ for it.

Jeez, looks like they aren't even trying.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
You will encounter many BS fees with both of them on postpaid

I would lean towards ATT because they are GSM and have many more phone choices as such and you dont have to buy your phones from them

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Sadly, it looks like this year is not my year for switching carriers. I don't plan on going to Verizon if my S6 won't work and AT&T isn't doing contract buyouts. That's 420 for the phone and an additional 200 if I want to keep it. The best offer I can get is 100$ if I bring my S6 over to AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.