Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it looks like when WiFi calling is on, the scrolling animation has stopped. It use to scroll any time I pull down the notification screen or lock screen.

If I shut WiFi off then turn it back on I can see WiFi calling kicking in and it will scroll AT&T WiFi once. Then if I pull down the notification screen it will just stay still and half the A in AT&T will disappear. Probably cause it can’t all fit in the upper left hand corner.

Anyone else having this bug? It’s minor but searching and nothing came up.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I can confirm that mine has stopped too. Looks weird because the "A" and "Fi" in AT&T Wi-Fi. They should have at least decreased the font to fit it all in.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Scrolled this afternoon. Now stopped. Maybe intermittent?

Don't really care either way though--

But, the cut-off letters looks cheap----

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Same here with EE

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 310

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yep, even off WiFi calling mine still gets cut off ('Vodafone UK'). I've only seen it scroll about twice in two weeks, so just presume it's an iOS bug.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
a lot of times my AT&T wifi does not work! sometimes it's available sometimes it isn't why is it so random? any idea?

I believe it is the way AT&T implemented WiFi calling, unlike some other carriers. AT&T favors cellular, so if it things it as a "good enough" cellular signal, it will drop from WiFi calling. This is a major problem for me, I have 80/80 mbps high speed internet at home, and a bad AT&T signal, it keeps switching, causing phone call issues...

I wish they did what T-Mobile did, and favor WiFi calling, or at least implement a switch to allow the user to switch (the code is there in the OS, they just need to allow it).

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
So after even more observations I notice when my phone is on the charger, it will scroll on the home screen.

Once off the charger it will stop scrolling and stay static.

Also it will scroll the very first time the phone switches over to WiFi calling. Then it will remain static.

I believe it is the way AT&T implemented WiFi calling, unlike some other carriers. AT&T favors cellular, so if it things it as a "good enough" cellular signal, it will drop from WiFi calling. This is a major problem for me, I have 80/80 mbps high speed internet at home, and a bad AT&T signal, it keeps switching, causing phone call issues...

I wish they did what T-Mobile did, and favor WiFi calling, or at least implement a switch to allow the user to switch (the code is there in the OS, they just need to allow it).
Thank you my brother has Verizon service he gets WiFi calling all the time! I have AT&T it’s a hit or a miss...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.