Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Mac friends. I'm trying to revive my iPhone 6s Plus to replace the glass of it's cracked screen (to reduce waste and decrease pollution, repair and right to repair vibe vs. buy the upcoming iPhone 15) too but at what celsius, at what temperature does the glue around the screen become soft enough without damaging the LCD so it can be suctioned and pulled open?

Thank you. Have a great blessed sunday. Do good avoid evil (like using Windows w/ the malwares, too much).

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
You don't need to use any heat on the 6s. I'd be using heat on later water resistant models, though.

There's a good guide here, which will still be relevant to your 6s;

Thanks. Mine's the 6s Plus with adhesive on the sides that's also the water-proofing, any link to what Celsius the glue will soften without damaging the screen?

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi, after some extensive research, the exact temperature is 75.5℃ for the iPhone (most likely for other Apple products too like the iPad), for the glue/water-proofing to soften so it can be pulled up.

75.5℃ from Apple Repair Tools Itself

0.08mm string to help separate just the glass form any cellphone's LCD

The expensive stylish armor cases (unless it's those really thick cases built for the wet outdoors) & expensive tempered glass doen't work against pavements, even if the fall is just waist height, especially against parking lot pavements (which has sharper surfaces), if this glass only replacement is successful w/ relatively cheap non-pro tool like those in the link above (I will turn off all fans & close all windows to prevent dust as much as possible), I can finally leave this iPhone and future iPhones without any case so the aesthetic in it's design with the thinness will always be seen (not hidden with a case), I'm also planning a non-destructively mod the iPhone inside if it that's possible, God-willing, to make it hopefully always fall and hit the ground at a certain spot all the time as much as possible away from the screen and impact-sensitive modules like the camera.

May this help with everybody's future revival of Mac products (alleviate pollution as well with some time sacrifice repairing things- carbon neutrality).

Reactions: arw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.