Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julián G

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I recently made the upgrade to EL CAPITAN to my Macpro unsupported 1,1 (that now it's a 2,1), but it doesn't recognize the ATI Radeon HD 5770 that I bought from Ebay (the seller assures that it works perfectly fine and it was pulled off from a Macpro) so I was wondering if I need to make some adjustments to any kind of code, I have read a lot about some Kext and other stuff that I don't really understand because I'm not to familiarized with that kind of things.

To convert my MACPRO from 1,1 to 2,1 I just followed instructions so I hope you can help me to shine some light on this case.

I have partitions Of Snow Leopard and El Capitan and it doesn't appear on any of them

I have 21 Gb of Ram and 4Tb of storage.

I hope you can help me and I'm sorry if I miss some information or specs that you might need.

Thanks

Julián G

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
Hello,

If possible you could test the HD5770 in another PC/Mac to be sure it's working .
The card should be a Mac Edition /flashed with a Mac ROM and the 6pin connector on the card powered from the header on the LogicBoard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.