Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3LM3L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
Hello, just a couple questions. I know the card only has BIOS drivers and firmware, but has anyone actually tried getting it to work with hacks like Natit or Titan? Are there any other similarly-priced/functioning cards known to work with the Mac Pro in OS X? The Apple X1900XT is just too far out of my price range.

TimmyDee

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
Assuming you can flash it, I would think it's close enough to the X1900XT that the drivers would work (minor hex edits may also be required).

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
I've read one anecdote on this.

Flashing an x1950 with Apple's x1900 firmware didn't work.

It killed the card, actually.

Titan drivers are only for nvida cards AFAIK

D3LM3L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
I'm looking to get this card for it's good price, and Natit actually works with ATI cards. I need the card to work in both OS X and Windows, and that's why I'm depending on OS X drivers/kexts rather than getting it to work in Windows.

jccool

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2007
Hi,

I;m not sure what a mac pro is (macbook pro?) but the driver is for a conventional pc x1950xt for use with osx86 (hackintosh) on a conventional non apple pc,

jccool

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2007
Hi,

It seems that a Mac Pro is Intel based and official which means there is EFI and TPM (trusted platform module chip on the mobo) which may prevent a PC PCI express card from booting but try it anyways if you have one. I personally perfer mac to windows but I rather use a *acked version because, 1. it is way less expensif than a Mac Pro, Macbook or any mac Hardware, and for the price I get lotz n lots of performance. My X1950XT benchmarks in Osx86 @ 117 (xbench) and the total pc @ 85 so it meets my needs. If Apple had more software, i wouldnt use windows but there is 3d max, endorphin, vegas video, and other that is keeping me hooked to the (r) Microsoft Teet(c) But then I use Mac to do audio in Logic Pro (formerly for Windows) and I love the Ilife suit, Aperture and Finalcut Pro!

Jccool

D3LM3L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
Hi,

It seems that a Mac Pro is Intel based and official which means there is EFI and TPM (trusted platform module chip on the mobo) which may prevent a PC PCI express card from booting but try it anyways if you have one. I personally perfer mac to windows but I rather use a *acked version because, 1. it is way less expensif than a Mac Pro, Macbook or any mac Hardware, and for the price I get lotz n lots of performance. My X1950XT benchmarks in Osx86 @ 117 (xbench) and the total pc @ 85 so it meets my needs. If Apple had more software, i wouldnt use windows but there is 3d max, endorphin, vegas video, and other that is keeping me hooked to the (r) Microsoft Teet(c) But then I use Mac to do audio in Logic Pro (formerly for Windows) and I love the Ilife suit, Aperture and Finalcut Pro!

Jccool

Any PC PCI Express cards work in Windows on an Intel Mac. The problem really is just getting them to work in OS X, which I don't think has been solved yet (on Macs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.