Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masciam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Hi,
I was trying to find a place to test Atmos audio on my new iPhone but so far I haven’t been able to find anything. When I open Netflix it doesn’t show the Atmos symbol like it does on my tv when it’s connected to an Atmos soundbar, for example (it’s usually right next to the Dolby Vision logo).

There are many demos on YouTube but afaik those are limited to 2 channels, right? So not really atmos.

Any ideas where I could test it?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Hi,
I was trying to find a place to test Atmos audio on my new iPhone but so far I haven’t been able to find anything. When I open Netflix it doesn’t show the Atmos symbol like it does on my tv when it’s connected to an Atmos soundbar, for example (it’s usually right next to the Dolby Vision logo).

There are many demos on YouTube but afaik those are limited to 2 channels, right? So not really atmos.

Any ideas where I could test it?

iTunes movies

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
This is not bad on Youtube, a Dolby Atmos test video. It sounds amazing on my MacBook Pro !

motorbikematt

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2021
San Francisco, Ca
Youtube does not support Atmos. Any Atmos demo on YouTube is output to simple stereo. Below is a screen cap of the "Stats for Nerds." Right click any "Atmos" video on YouTube and see for yourself.

For more information: https://appuals.com/why-converting-youtube-to-320kbps-mp3-is-a-waste-of-time/

1613328216242.png

Last edited:

motorbikematt

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2021
San Francisco, Ca
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.