Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bizzle79

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
New England
I just logged into the ATT website and it shows that I am eligible to upgrade my phone. I just signed up last year Sept & got the iPhone 5. According to ATT, my contract ends next year, 9/24/2014. I am curious as to why this is chowing up now - it's not even a year since I got my iPhone 5.
Anyone else have a similar experience? How can I take advantage of this before it "disappears" if it's a glitch. Or is this some promo for the ATT Next package? A bit confused here :confused:

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Just checked my upgrade eligibility on my phone (*639#) and it appears that my line may be eligible for an upgrade offer:

This line may qualify for an upgrade offer.

Yay. :)

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I just logged into the ATT website and it shows that I am eligible to upgrade my phone. I just signed up last year Sept & got the iPhone 5. According to ATT, my contract ends next year, 9/24/2014. I am curious as to why this is chowing up now - it's not even a year since I got my iPhone 5.
Anyone else have a similar experience? How can I take advantage of this before it "disappears" if it's a glitch. Or is this some promo for the ATT Next package? A bit confused here :confused:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/upgrade-advantage.html

"Early upgrades
Once you've completed six months or more of your wireless agreement, you may qualify for a partial discount off the full retail price when you sign a new two-year wireless agreement."

Last edited:

rtkane

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/upgrade-advantage.html

"Early upgrades
Once you've completed six months or more of your wireless agreement, you may qualify for a partial discount off the full retail price when you sign a new two-year wireless agreement."

I have 4 lines on my account with AT&T and each one has an iPhone 5. Two were put on when the iPhone 5 first came out, two were put on the in the last couple of months. However, one of my lines is showing as upgrade eligible--a FULL upgrade discount, not a partial upgrade discount (and this one is actually one of the ones from last year when it first came out).

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-12%20at%209.08.08%20AM.JPG

It's odd, but I hope it stays there until September when the new one is released.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Has anyone done an early upgrade? I'm trying to understand what a partial discount off the full retail price would amount to...

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Has anyone done an early upgrade? I'm trying to understand what a partial discount off the full retail price would amount to...

add $250 to the full discount price -- so a $200 phone becomes $450 with partial discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.